OCR01216 - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind "Fear Not"

djpretzel

I have a couple issues:

1) I really don't like some of the flatu-synths. They don't really sound clean to me, and if normal *cleaner* so to speak were used I think the song would have sounded better.

2) The drums to me are sub par. Both in quality and sound. They just don't cut it for me.

THAT being said, I still LOVE THIS SONG!

The intro chord progression is sick, the synths solos are AWESOME and I love the piano work. This is a great mix. Also, GREAT arpeggios!

8/10

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The drums strike me as really weak, and some of the samples are a bit dated, but the rest of the track is executed with such conviction that i'm completely blown away.

The original source in itself is a classic, you've taken the Celtic style chorale idea and really run with, fusing some excellent original sections that really fit the theme. The solos were excellent, and very tasteful.

A total gem. Check this one out, guys. :-)

I've loved this mix since I found it years ago. The problem with Morrowind (among other things) was that this song was a great, inspirational song, but it was the only song. But this mix I can listen to forever. When the end comes along and the synth takes away with its outro, I love it every time. Makes me want to play the game (but not for too long).

Awesome mix, thanks for posting it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Right off the bat, those heavenly strings speak to my sorrow, my longing, my pain, and every other tender feeling that could use comfort. It's one of the most profoundly emotional hooks I've ever heard in a song, quite honestly. Once that's established, the mix's upbeat action, vast choice of leads, and source evolution stages illustrate those feelings in a tale with many ups and downs. My ears and my soul are guided gently but firmly as the mix explores my inner turmoil and helps me sort it all out. Even the ending does not disappoint - pads and choir bring me in for a landing that says, "all is well. Now you take it from here."

The mix's title could not be more fitting.

• 1 year later...

This is one of my all time favorite mixes. I love how Fray takes a repetitive but great tune and makes it something I play over and over again. I never got far in Morrowind but the theme was great and this mix reminds me of times climbing over virtual hills and promising to free the slaves. I love the synth at the end, it's one my favorite moments in OCR history, it's fun and beautiful, and simply makes me happy. Everyone should give this tune a listen!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01216 - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind "Fear Not"