MMX-TheShocker[ft.vox by mt]

1makes2

First thing I notice right off the bat is the incredibly thin piano. It sounds almost too drowned in fx and reverb for its own good :-| I guess that might be intentional but I think you went overboard. And if it's just a weak sample problem, I'd recommend looking into that as well.

Past that though, this is a lot more enjoyable. The vocals are mixed in pretty nicely but I think they could use a bit of filtering so it fits in better with the electronic soundscape. The beat/synth work is pretty tight, although sometimes it drowns out the vocals and makes them unintelligible from a lyrical standpoint. Not that they don't sound cool even if you can't understand the lyrics, but if you're going for making them understandable I'd take that into consideration. Conversely, I think the final "dreams" vocal clip is too loud and the piano outro is too quiet, so check your levels around there.

You've got some nice arrangement chops and your girlfriend has a great singing voice for this style :-)

I really liked the original version of this, and I like this new version with lyrics as well. I was disappointed when I saw it was rejected months ago, but I'm no judge.

As far as I'm concerned it's a great track though, I don't know if the lyrics would change the original concerns, or if you've changed the instrumentation at all, or if you have any intention of submitting this, I'd love to see it make the cut though.

HEY! I remember this - still listen to it from time to time on my comp 8-).

Interesting what happened with this mix - whereas the older non-vocal mix was excellent, production-wise, the vocal track has introduced some clipping so you'll need to remaster the track.

On top of that, the vocal track is incredibly difficult to hear, as it stands. It'll need to come more into the front, which'll be tricky since you also need to mix other things down to help with the production problems I mentioned above.

Otherwise, the voice could work nicely - it just needs to be mixed in there better.

Always liked this track - shame it didn't make it on OCR, before.

thanks for the feedback. ive been working on a lot of other things lately, so im not sure i will work on this or submit it again. but if anyone is willing i could send the vocal track and the beat to you and you could mix and master it if you want. pm me if you are interested!