Samples for a non-game remix?

To the people out there who remix commercial pieces and use samples - especially vocal samples - where do you get them? There's a massive dearth of remixes on YouTube that have completely redone instrumentation with only the barest melodies and the vocals kept in. So how do you guys get the vocal tracks? I know you can attempt to isolate them through some EQ mastering, but that can only get you so far. Is there a centralized source for these? Or do you just have to search online and hope you get lucky?

A lot of times there will be an acapella release if the song is popular (this is most common in rap music, for example Jay-Z's whole Black Album has an acapella counterpart) as well as for remix contests, etc.. Other ways to get acapellas is if they're leaked somehow (like a bunch of Motown ones), play with inverting the phase on some tracks, creatively EQ and sample so that its mainly just the voice you're hearing in songs (common in a lot of electronic music), or in some cases even recreating the sample/phrase you want to use.

EDIT: Not illegal AFAIK but acapellas4u.co.uk has a bunch.

So I'm guessing by your usage of the word "leaked" that looking for and providing links to such examples is illegal.

I imagine a lot of them are illegal, but like Vagrance mentioned, circumstances do vary somewhat from case to case.

I have a folder of Imogen Heap vocals that I got from a remix contest sitting on my hard drive. I think in downloading them I agreed not to use them in anything besides remixes for the contest, or not commercially, or something like that. It was a while ago and and my memory's a little hazy.