ATTN OC ReMixers: Accepting higher quality encodings of past ReMixes (8.00MB/192kbps)

Liontamer

Before we release another ReMix torrent, I want to give everyone the chance to replace ReMixes with our new larger filesize limit of 8.00MB, up from 6.00MB.

This is an open offer to have ANY posted or to-be-posted ReMix on OCR replaced with a higher quality version. I don't care if it's from 1999 or if we posted it last week.

This is JUST for allowing better encodings of smaller files. No remasters or edits are allowed; they won't be used for updates. We're ONLY looking for better encodings of existing mixes, please.

Aside from existing files, which are grandfathered in, there are no exceptions to these rules:

• NO remasters or edits. Just reencode the WAVs/project files you have.
  • Filesize cannot be larger than 8,388,608 bytes (8.00MB).
  • Bitrate cannot be greater than 192kbps. (VBR with an upper limit above 192kbps is OK if the average bitrate is not greater than 192kbps.)
  • Must be 44kHz stereo. (Not 48kHz or 32kHz.)

Please mail me at larryoji@ocremix.org with either links or attachments to whatever mixes you want to replace with better encodings. If you have a lot of files, please be sure to host them. Once I compare & sign off on 'em, I'll hold onto them for when we upload the replacements onto the main site & new torrents.

If any fans have higher quality versions of existing ReMixes that also qualify, please let me know as well in this thread.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I was digging and found this thread - and wanted to ask - do you think the new torrents will be updating soon? I'm going to be getting my labtop back soon with a brand new hard drive -- I was hoping you could tell me if it'd be easier just to wait or what? I'd prefer the torrent, but I'd probably just start redownloading OCR's recent stuff if it's going to take several more months anyways.

Hi, I was digging and found this thread - and wanted to ask - do you think the new torrents will be updating soon? I'm going to be getting my labtop back soon with a brand new hard drive -- I was hoping you could tell me if it'd be easier just to wait or what? I'd prefer the torrent, but I'd probably just start redownloading OCR's recent stuff if it's going to take several more months anyways.

It'll be out this year. I'm waiting for one big batch of WAVs to update, and then we should be ready to go. Hopefully within the next month we roll this out.

Either virt or CarboHydroM would have you beat at the 200MB Wav front, if you think "Crystal Flash" and "Unsealed" respectively would be considered passable site material :razz:

To draw this back on topic though, I wish I could help out in some way, but "Tomorrow's Wake" is already a 192 CBR encoding (and even then I lost the wav >_>), and "Time's Anxiety" definitely can't be done as long as GrayLightning is absent. Either way, keep up the good progress.