Palpable

ReMixer name: ProtoDome

Email address: protodome@hotmail.co.uk

Userid: 25246

Name of game arranged: Scribblenauts

Name of song arranged: Main Menu

Original Composer: David J Franco

Original Sound Track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ugoq0J0ic

Ah, thought I’d go halc and try something other than Nintendo (mainly Pokemanz) for a change, although I really can’t escape from my IV, iv chord resolutions. Man, I am so unoriginal. The Scribblenauts soundtrack (if you’ve ever listened) sounds like it wants to go all glitch in various places so I thought I’d extend on that.

Hope u liek Chiptune...

OH! PS! Props to WILLROCK for the awesome song title.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ugoq0J0ic

Am I allowed to NO (resub) this right off the bat? No? Darn.

I really like what's going on here. It's quirky, fun, and very reminiscent of the original, using sound effects and other sounds that are very close to the game itself. I actually wouldn't have been surprised if it was in the game, honestly. My one (small) issue with the arrangement is that it doesn't deviate melodically as much as I'd have liked and only uses the beginning of the source melody, but there is plenty of arrangement in the background and structure that really adds a lot to the piece.

The production is pretty well balanced, and the sounds all work well together. I'd want just a bit more out of the bass drum, but it still pulls its weight.

Likin' it. YES

• 3 weeks later...

I like the song, but I hate the name. I'd really like the submitted to change it.

The remix is quirky, jumpy and energetic. The source material is apparent. I see no problem with the production at all, and the arrangement is fun to listen to. The use of 8-bit samples is clever and interesting. As DA said, it sounds like it could be in the game. I'll YES it.

The name is a bit meta, but that is part of the charm. I don't think many other game sources could work with the name.

The arrangement is quirky and fun, and though I feel that a lot of the sounds used sounded the same as the game synths, there are a few spots where it is well beyond the DS sound chip's level. I think it was pretty cool and fun.

yesto NO (resub).