Beat Hazard

atmuh

Yeah, I was going to pop in and say they have a demo now which is good for 10 songs, but Atmuh beat me to it.

So, I'll also add that, after playing three tracks, they should just rename it to "F#@# You, Eyeballs!"

I'll play the rest of the demo, then see. It could also be that it's late and has been kind of dark for a while.

Says it has a built in visualizer, which could be a pretty good one, especially since if you're running a visualizer, you're probably not looking right at the screen.

Coincidentally, most of your music goes incredibly well with this game. :razz:

Not terribly surprising, given the particular energy level most of my stuff tends to have. However, I've yet to see anything outmatch "Collider" by Magnus. 7 minutes long, and playing it on Insane, I got to 9.5 million points halfway through the song. And then I died.

I'm fuckin' LOVING this game. To a great degree, it's predictable how hard a song is going to end up being, but sometimes it surprises me. I had no difficulty with "Machine Gun" and "Stigma" by Noisia, but then "Split The Atom" raped my face. And Stigma is waaaaay more aggressive than "Split The Atom." I'm also greatly enjoying how incredibly colorful it is. It's like interactive musical fireworks.

Everyone can feel free to friend request me on Steam if you don't already have me in your list. That way, you can watch as I climb up and up the leaderboard :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Beatdrop

• 10 months later...

Seemed right to bring this thread back form the dead. Been a lot of changes since last April. I still play this game with some regularity, whether it's a new song to try or the mood just suits me. Also with the expansion announced for spring and all the new features in that, things are looking very interesting indeed.

http://www.coldbeamgames.com/index.html

Also...

beat_hazard_1.jpg?psid=1

beat_hazard_2.jpg?psid=1

COME AT ME BROS!beat%5E_hazard%5E_1.jpg