OCR00429 - Final Fantasy "A Temple of Chaos"

Ginnsu

Final Fantasy 'A Temple of Chaos'

This is one where I must complain, the climax comes way to early, the fade out is way too long, and finally the song is way too short. For such a lovely piece, I was expecting a whole lot more. Besides that its masterful instrumental work with lots of feeling. Excellent work Kaijin, but just make it longer, then my review won’t have to be so short.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hehe, I love this piece!! this works great as a loop :) just keep it going over and over and over... It IS short, yes, but I love the entire thing :)

This piece has convinced me that I need to do a remix of this same theme :) I really like this tune, it even sounds cool in the game which I am playing again to beat this time ;)

• 3 weeks later...

OMFG! This remix has split my face open on multiple occasions. The only complaint I can offer is that it is indeed too short. I always wish that he had at least finished the key change (or whatever it is, I'm not a musicologist) part of the song. Why is your "just playing around" song one of your best? It's my favorite "Chaos Temple" rendition I've ever heard, too.

On the other hand, if this song was any longer, I don't think I'd be able to live through it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This mix shows a great deal of talent in the author that created it. The intro fade into the "main theme" is outstanding, and it all flowed together really smoothly, with a slower tempo that befits the song. The only gripes I have are that the melody volume could be kicked up a notch or two and it's quite short, but these mere items surely don't depreciate the song as a whole. When's the next one due in?!?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really like the first and last part.. and the on the whole it sounds nice, but the middle is a little too chaotic for me. The drums could've been a little more subtle, too, but the guitar is great.

A relisten made me think a bit more highly of the middle, but that's it.

• 1 year later...

Now THIS is a mix worth the temple of chaos! Magnificent piano followed by some tharshing guitars, AWESOME! Yes, I agree with the others that this could be longer, but it is 2 minutes long, you can fit some real good music right there dudes, and Kaijin has obviously succeded with that. Great work making a beautiful beginning and a more jamming follow-up, Kai-dude.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Have you ever thought about maybe redoing it in a longer version? I think you could really blow it out of the water with a longer set (and maybe a more powerful ending). I love it though...I'll listen to it 3 or 4 times in a row on my MP3 player while I walk to work. Well done!

• 1 year later...

There certainly could have been a lot more added to this to really flesh things out, but what is here is a nice enhancement of the original. There isn't much in the way of stuff outside of the source; it would have been nice to see a solo or something fresh. The guitar sample has a ton of reverb on it, making it pretty muddy in the mix. Would be loads better with a live guitar. That and the fade out ending are what really bother me the most. Aside from that, some nice sound given the age of the mix, and an nice enhancement of the original.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00429 - Final Fantasy "A Temple of Chaos"
  • 4 years later...