Potential OCR Meetup: Six Flags America (MD/DC/VA)

Arrow

I was gonna wait till tomorrow figure out the specifics of where to meet because I've never been to the place and wanted to take a look around the parking lot to find a good meetup zone. XD So I'll give you all my opinions once I get back with the tickets tomorrow.

As far as times, the park opens at 10:30am and closes at 11pm (the water park, WHICH WE ARE GOING TO GO TO CAUSE IT'S 94° THAT DAY SO BRING YOUR SWIM TRUNKS, is open from 11am to 7pm). I'd like to get there as early as possible just to have the full amount of time to enjoy ourselves, but does anyone wanna stop for breakfast beforehand or anything? The closest iHop Google Maps is throwing at me is about 10 minutes from the park.

I had the vague idea of doing the water park immediately around whenever we take our lunch. That way, if Andy and Jill can't make it, Amy still might be able to drop in for a few hours to hang out.

Well for those who are in NoVA, there's a solid diner right by where I live if they want to stop by before heading towards the place (no clue where it is) - however, traffic here blows...

And you can count me in!

Well for those who are in NoVA, there's a solid diner right by where I live if they want to stop by before heading towards the place (no clue where it is) - however, traffic here blows...

And you can count me in!

Sunday traffic isn't a problem until 4-8PM coming into the city.

As for breakfast, well, I'm still fasting so I'm indifferent to where/when you guys eat. I'll join for the convenience (as in having a single meeting spot), but otherwise it doesn't matter to me. KF

TICKETS BOUGHT. With tax, they come to $26.54 a pop. If any of you want to pay me via Paypal instead of waiting till Sunday to give me money, shoot it to jingajin@gmail.com. For those of you that didn't already get PM's from me here or on IRC, I need to type everybody's RL names onto the tickets before I print them, and a few of you (specifically Moguta and his friend, Ferret, Bahamut's roommate, and Brushfire's imaginary wife) I don't know the actual names of, so I'll need them ASAP.

As far as park meetup goes, the parking lot is pretty straightforward, so I suggest when we reach the park, we all meet in front of Guest Services, which is the booth just to the right of the normal ticket booths, and pretty hard to miss. I'll hand the tickets out to everyone there. Is 10:30am (right when the park opens) too early to meet there? What do you all think?

Is there a definite time for lunch + plan to go to the water park after lunch? I was thinking, maybe I could just go for part of the day and join you guys for lunch and the water park, since I'm not really interested in the rides. I just want to see everybody and hang out, basically. ^_^ (BTW if I am doing that, I don't have a preference on where to do lunch since vegan = pretty much screwed, so I'd probably just eat before going.)

And you can count me in!

Orrr we decide who wants to drive and have them pick us all up, since like you said, parking can suck.

Is there a definite time for lunch + plan to go to the water park after lunch? I was thinking, maybe I could just go for part of the day and join you guys for lunch and the water park, since I'm not really interested in the rides. I just want to see everybody and hang out, basically. ^_^ (BTW if I am doing that, I don't have a preference on where to do lunch since vegan = pretty much screwed, so I'd probably just eat before going.)

There's foodstuffs by where the water park and amusement park meet. Snap that's this Sunday..

If I'd have to guess, the water park stuff would be later in the afternoon when it's hotter. Also it's not a good idea for us to do the water stuff right after lunch.

Velocifero, Bahamut: do both of you want to ride with me? I'm only like 2-3 minutes away from y'all. (Wes I know you already asked, I'm just double-checking.)

Arrow: I'll give you the money on Sunday. I'm good for it, I swear!

All: It's starting to sound like the consensus is something like:

@10:30am - meet at the theme park (get breakfast beforehand)

@???? - lunch

@afternoon - water park

As I said, I'm fasting anyway so eating isn't an issue for me. But, if I might offer a suggestion: (a) lunch at the theme park somewhere then go to the water park sometime mid-afternoon, or (B) leave the theme park early afternoon, get lunch outside, then go to the water park that afternoon.

I'm inclined towards (a), because of the whole eating-next-to-swimming thing. But like I said, eating isn't an issue for me so it'd be up to you guys.

On the plus-side, this is also something that we could change our mind on once we're at the park. KF

If I'd have to guess, the water park stuff would be later in the afternoon when it's hotter. Also it's not a good idea for us to do the water stuff right after lunch.

Well unless you're in the wave pool the entire time, we should be ok. Besides the wave pool, most of the water park "rides" had lines of 5-10 min.

Kizyr - sounds good to me if you're up for it (getting a ride with you)

Ditto pally ol' pal.

TICKETS BOUGHT. With tax, they come to $26.54 a pop. If any of you want to pay me via Paypal instead of waiting till Sunday to give me money, shoot it to jingajin@gmail.com. For those of you that didn't already get PM's from me here or on IRC, I need to type everybody's RL names onto the tickets before I print them, and a few of you (specifically Moguta and his friend, Ferret, Bahamut's roommate, and Brushfire's imaginary wife) I don't know the actual names of, so I'll need them ASAP.

As far as park meetup goes, the parking lot is pretty straightforward, so I suggest when we reach the park, we all meet in front of Guest Services, which is the booth just to the right of the normal ticket booths, and pretty hard to miss. I'll hand the tickets out to everyone there. Is 10:30am (right when the park opens) too early to meet there? What do you all think?

Money sent.

Money sent.

Got it and Ferret's; thanks.

You guys realize the "don't swim after eating" thing is just a really persistent wives' tale, right?

He's correct on this; there's never been any news reports of anyone dying from cramping, and I've been swimming immediately after eating for years and nothing's happened. I'm perfectly fine with hitting the water park after lunch.

10:30am at the park is still looking like the way to go, though we should probably figure out where we're gonna eat breakfast for those of us coming from the south route. As far as timing for lunch and the water park, it's going to be between 90° and 94° or so from noon all the way till 5pm, so no time is really better than another as far as "GET TO THE WATAPAHK". I don't know how bad the lines will be (probably crummy since it's a weekend), but we want enough time to enjoy the coasters before we break off... maybe a 1:00 or 1:30pm lunch and then water park immediately after?