Final Fantasy 1 Album

Orchestral? In a prog metal album? If so, I'm interested.

Yes. We'd prefer people who have a lot of experience crafting orchestral mixes in general, but you could try your hand if you think you're up to it!

Also I asked about approval a couple days ago[?] for this project. Not sure what the verdict is though, I'll let you guys know if I hear back on that. o_O

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strader, I'd say you're directing this album quite well. If you ask me, it's about time one of the three NES Final Fantasies got a project! I remember hearing once before that this game was developed on Square's last legs. They called it "Final Fantasy", thinking it would be the last game they ever made.

Uhh, thanks dude! :-)

blackguitar grabbed up Gurgu Volcano, and with a 2:30 WIP already. I'm still hoping for Josh Whelchel to do Town, he said he'd do it in October though and now it is November 1st. :-o

Most of the songs are near completion with a couple problem chidruns with early WIPs yet. Hopefully they'll come around and finish stuff up soon. If you wanted to claim something from the GBA OST, that's open territory except for Church which is being done by chthonic.

• 3 weeks later...
Someone, please grab the Last Battle theme! It's awesome! ^.^

Devastus got it. And it WILL be awesome..r. :-D

At this point, we are accepting medley claims still, but keep in mind you've got roughly 1 month depending on how things go, to turn in a substantial, nearly completed song.

There's more stuff not listed from Dawn of Souls that can be claimed, but at this point it's better to accept people at a "I know what I want to do and here's what it is" basis.

Apart from that, everyone should be shuffling to get their tracks finished and ready for initial inspection by OCR within a month. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes!! Love his work in the GMRB so far; this should be great!

Now let's convince him to get Battle 2 in the FF9 project... :wink:

Fishy's got ff9 under control. :-o

As far as FF1 goes... it's good! Got a substantial WIP from everybody. chthonic just also claimed Town, still waiting on Josh Whelchel's town. Town double dip is ok, as you hit a shitload of towns in FF1, as well as re-entering the overworld a lot. So having these themes reappear in the few medleys is also nice.

Ridiculously awesome medley written by Fernito in tabs, I need to finish it. :-)

As a whole, this album is going to be huge and ridiculously epic. I'm hoping to submit it to OCR for review in January if it's ready by then. But we've got a big special duder doing Ending Theme and he may not be done by then. We'll see. Big special OCR duder.

I'm not too worried about the OCR acceptance... The songs are going to be ultra-refined by the time the pack gets sent in with full artwork and stuff.

• 9 months later...

Sorry about that.

We're thinking of sending it in October. There's still a few songs to tweak but that should be the month it gets sent in and evaluated. It's worth the wait, trust me. :-) Nothing ever goes as planned but if I had to guess, I'd say first half of 2012 is when it might drop. Hopefully earlier than later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brandon,

The reason I say I have been waiting so long for this project is because Josh and I have came to an agreement about his song. I have been waiting a year to animate FF1 Town theme by Josh.

He told me that he thinks you would prefer me to wait for the release of the album. I did not realize it would take so long. When can I publish this music video?

Perhaps we could use this music video as a way to promote the album?

I didn't know you guys were doing that, that is pretty awesome. Honestly I just sent the album to OCR on December 1st, and I think they might evaluate the new songs... there are albums lined up for the next 2-3 months too. If you guys could wait until then and hopefully it comes out early sometime next year... I don't know if OCR could embed your music video into the mix post, but that would be awesome. :-)

You could send me the music video so I can see it maybe? I like music videos :-D

It won't be completely ready for another three weeks. Who do I need to contact to see if OCR will embed the video? The style we are using is pretty similar to Rawest Forest. I can't wait till it is completely done.

I will try . . . real hard . . . not to upload it until the album comes out.

I didn't know you guys were doing that, that is pretty awesome. Honestly I just sent the album to OCR on December 1st, and I think they might evaluate the new songs... there are albums lined up for the next 2-3 months too. If you guys could wait until then and hopefully it comes out early sometime next year... I don't know if OCR could embed your music video into the mix post, but that would be awesome. :-)

You could send me the music video so I can see it maybe? I like music videos :-D

If it helps, you could wait until we get a release date from djp before animating anything (I was under the impression you had done it already :-P) Then maybe it wouldn't be as hard to sit on it if you knew when it'd be out.

Djp does the mixpost writeups so I figure he'd be the one to ask, but much closer to when the song comes out. :-)