Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

I will leave this here for your consideration.

mvc3characterselect.jpg

There are 36 non DLC characters. After Jill and Shuma Gorath, there are 38 characters. Considering there's space for 4 more we can safely say there will be at most 4 more DLC characters in the future. Anymore and they'd need to resize the character selection grid with an update/patch.

Get hype.

Edit:

Doing a little more digging, it looks like they took in an increasing roster size into consideration. A couple screenshots show the select screen self-adjusts itself the more characters there are. It is possible to have more than four more characters now.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/cyberlink420/earlycharselect.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/cyberlink420/latercharselect.jpg

Fuck them for using DLC to release new characters that probably are already done and in the game.

If I'm paying $60 for a game and you're not giving me something you already have done, you're nothing short of a greedy bastard. I hate that they made the DLC for Street Fighter nothing but "LOOK, MORE COSTUMES WOOOOOOO!" and price it at what they have...but if they release all that DLC we're looking at this probably costing $100 USD for the game to get all the characters that more than likely are already done and were left out for DLC instead of added on at a later date.

I really don't want to move this from "buy" to "burn" but if they're nickel-and-dime-ing everything like it's Madden all over again, it may happen.

Uh, the DLC characters aren't in the game. Jill and Shuma weren't done on time for the final release and every other DLC character is still up in the air. Which is why we've only seen Jill and Shuma's art and nothing in-engine.

I've seen that a lot of times and I can say almost every single time, they start out in the game and the DLC is simply an "unlock".

I've seen that a lot of times and I can say almost every single time, they start out in the game and the DLC is simply an "unlock".

so what you're saying is that they're are going to put unfinished characters on the disc and make you pay to unlock them

think before you post

so what you're saying is that they're are going to put unfinished characters on the disc and make you pay to unlock them

think before you post

Yes, that actually happens quite a bit. Split/Second is a recent example of that. The first 3 DLC that came out for it were content unlocks. It's not unfinished content, but you don't get it without the DLC (which is just 100 KB file to unlock the content on the disc).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHERP A DERP

He was saying that it happens quite a bit that characters, maps, add-ons, and whatever else are already done, put into a game, and are left to be unlocked as DLC. Smackdown vs Raw is the first that comes to mind that did it. Numerous DLC they released for that game were EXACTLY 128kb, far less than necessary for the huge packs they unlock, leading to show that the DLC is already on the disc and you're paying to unlock it. RE5 did this. Bioshock 2 did this.

Neither of us said that they were "unfinished", only you did, and the only reason you think they're "unfinished" is because you haven't seen anything that shows they are finished, which again, is common. They're not going to show completed DLC over showing the main game's product. Game companies have been adding DLC right into games and releasing unlocking DLC since it started on the current gen systems.

Bravo on the "herp derp" when what he said was exactly right. Unless you were realizing that you're being retarded?

EDIT:

http://beefjack.com/news/street-fighter-iv-dlc-disk/

Here. Capcom making people pay for Street Fighter IV DLC that's finished and already on the disc. So they did this not only for RE5 but Street Fighter as well. I'm expecting the same to happen here.

But it isn't. If it were, these characters would be available on the same day as the game's release. They aren't. They're available a month after the release.

And if you assume they are STILL on the disc, then there's no sense arguing with you since nothing I can post here will change your mind.

But it isn't. If it were, these characters would be available on the same day as the game's release. They aren't. They're available a month after the release.

And if you assume they are STILL on the disc, then there's no sense arguing with you since nothing I can post here will change your mind.

Capcom continues to release DLC for Street Fighter IV, all of which appears to already be on the disc. I'll go with proof of past events over speculation.

Capcom continues to release DLC for Street Fighter IV, all of which appears to already be on the disc. I'll go with proof of past events over speculation.

Okay there is NO WAY you can possibly know that the SFIV DLC was already on the disc.

That's BS good sir. The SF IV DLC is almost entirely costumes and wallpapers and other useless things. I find it highly unlikely that low demand DLC would be already on the disc.

In the case of Jill Valentine, Shuma or any other incomplete character, I can see capcom locking them away on the disc. It's easier to just add in the missing files and unlock them. Takes up less space in the end. Plus, characters are high demand DLC. If they lock them away, they can release this DLC at the drop of a hat when the time is right.

Okay there is NO WAY you can possibly know that the SFIV DLC was already on the disc.

That's BS good sir. The SF IV DLC is almost entirely costumes and wallpapers and other useless things. I find it highly unlikely that low demand DLC would be already on the disc.

In the case of Jill Valentine, Shuma or any other incomplete character, I can see capcom locking them away on the disc. It's easier to just add in the missing files and unlock them. Takes up less space in the end. Plus, characters are high demand DLC. If they lock them away, they can release this DLC at the drop of a hat when the time is right.

I've already posted that it was.

Google it, there are numerous things showing the same exact thing. You CAN find this stuff out, and numerous people have. It's pretty well known that all the DLC is already on the disc and they're doing slow releases of it.

I've already posted that it was.

Google it, there are numerous things showing the same exact thing. You CAN find this stuff out, and numerous people have. It's pretty well known that all the DLC is already on the disc and they're doing slow releases of it.

Well I don't google such things usually. Plus that doesn't look like an official release but hey I'm willing to accept when I'm wrong.

Neither of us said that they were "unfinished", only you did,
Uh, the DLC characters aren't in the game. Jill and Shuma weren't done on time for the final release and every other DLC character is still up in the air. Which is why we've only seen Jill and Shuma's art and nothing in-engine.

shoop a doop doop doop learn to read