Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

Guys the game isn't even out yet, we have a few people playing it, and even then it's only been a few days. Let's try to keep things in perspective.

Perspective?

Sentinel is broken

if you have Sentinel last on your team he can beat the another team by himself.

Yeah.

Anyways, it took a long time to solidify the tiers for MvC2. Let's give it a while before we claim that such and such character is broken, okay?

ok dude you have NO backing to you claim, you have not played this game but if you dont believe me i dont care but follow the link

http://shoryuken.com/content/neo-s-marvel-vs-capcom-3-sentinel-combos-3603/

sentinel in the hands of a pro

o and look at who has the best Stamina in the game

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/07/health-stamina-rankings-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

I know it's not really fair to judge the game yet, since it hasn't been officially released, but the one thing that seems to concern me is the on the ground hit stuff.

From the videos I've seen posted online, it seems like where the combos should end, you just bounce someone and then get them back up for more easy punishment.

I can't recall any other big Capcom fighting title where this was so apparently easy and common.

I think it's premature to call any characters broken, but it doesn't look good, when someone is already getting 100% damage combos (at least for some characters) for Sentinel in training mode.

Go to the 1:40 mark:

After seeing most of the character roster, I lost interest, including the lack there of. I know that it's a new engine, so they might not be able to put as many on disc. But I don't doubt that they'll be cramming DLC down everybody's throats who buy this game, but THEN release SUPER Marvel VS Capcom 3 with those said characters in it.

After seeing most of the character roster, I lost interest, including the lack there of. I know that it's a new engine, so they might not be able to put as many on disc. But I don't doubt that they'll be cramming DLC down everybody's throats who buy this game, but THEN release SUPER Marvel VS Capcom 3 with those said characters in it.

there's 42 characters in the game christ what more do you want

ok dude you have NO backing to you claim

Alright tough guy, how long until the unassociated pros of MvC2 came to an undivided conclusion as to the official list of tiers for the characters? I HIGHLY doubt they made up something concrete BEFORE the friggen game was officially released. Please. :roll:

I think it's premature to call any characters broken, but it doesn't look good, when someone is already getting 100% damage combos (at least for some characters) for Sentinel in training mode.

Go to the 1:40 mark:

to be fair that looks really easy to block

ok dude you have NO backing to you claim, you have not played this game but if you dont believe me i dont care but follow the link

http://shoryuken.com/content/neo-s-marvel-vs-capcom-3-sentinel-combos-3603/

sentinel in the hands of a pro

I don't think any of us here are good enough to form opinions on tier lists the first week, except maybe A_Rival (who doesn't play regularly with us). There are some players here where I could take on two characters in SSF4 with just my Ibuki, and she's not op...

Sentinel does look good, but not nearly as good as he was in MvC2. Wait until we all have it and see. I'm actually looking forward to seeing C.Viper in action btw -- she seems more suited to a Marvel game than SF4 tbh.

to be fair that looks really easy to block

True, and it's also in training mode, so it may not be so easy to replicate in live action.

However, other videos I've seen show that it may be relatively easy to really slap together some 50%-75% damage combos together, by just doing an Air Combo then OTG, back into an air combo, and then maybe a super or two.

I haven't played it yet like most people so I can't really judge, but I gotta say, the OTG stuff is really starting to look like a point of concern, if only because the I really don't want the game to be about making one mistake and then having to watch a 7-8 second combo over and over.

hoops my b

but seriously thats just as many as street fighter they're not exactly shortchanging people on content

Whoops! It HAS been a while since I checked up on the roster (I was looking at the webpage, quite some some time ago). Sorry about that. Like I said, I'm just not excited over the roster. I just kinda lost interest with Capcom games after the whole RE 5 Multiplayer DLC garbage some time ago.

Sentinel does look good, but not nearly as good as he was in MvC2. Wait until we all have it and see. I'm actually looking forward to seeing C.Viper in action btw -- she seems more suited to a Marvel game than SF4 tbh.

Very much truth - its WAYYY to early to figure out who's too good at what. There are some ridiculous combo videos on the net's already, but that's training mode, where people aren't rolling one direction or another on wake up, where people aren't leaping out of the air one direction or another after getting hit. Also it seems virtually every character in the game has a combo string that ends with a finisher that can kill a single character, The pace of the game is going to be intense.

I agree with the Viper comment too - Will be awesome to see her in another game, and i think this is better suited to her. I'll be picking this up tommorow @ midnight. I'm excited to check out the roster and for the first time in about.. at least 5 years ill be buying a Strategy Guide for the game - the mvc3 guide has frame data and strats for the characters.