Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

So I think I've managed to figure out another one of my problems. It isn't so much that I'm a dead weight(although that's part of it) as much as it's a problem with figuring out the general effective range and hitboxes of the game, which is pretty different from Super Street Fighter IV or Blazblue(or whatever). It's going to be pretty interesting to swap back and forth between the different styles of gameplay.

It's a great time to be a fighting game fan.

So, after playing against Eternal Zero today, I'm dropping Phoenix from my team. She's awesome, and I love her, but she doesn't have any health whatsoever. Spencer is filling the gap currently, and it turns out that he fits me very well -- I picked him up and immediately started going even against Zero's Sentinel. Now, Trish is the weak link in my group (but her assist is amazing).

Edit: ggs Global-Trance.

Hopefully they patch in spectator mode soon so we can have large lobbies -- as things stand now I wouldn't want to ever be a group larger than 4.

XBL: SuperDSombrero

I'd be willing to play some online matches, but I'm not really all that great.

At least we'll have something in common. :-P

I'm also(yet again) discovering another big issue I've had with the game, and it probably comes from playing one-on-one fighters exclusively for years: I didn't catch on to team dynamics. After spending more time with my designated team(Felicia, Chris, Zero), I'm starting to get the hang on using assists strategically, as well as getting a hang on the game's specifics such as hit detection, snap backs, advance guards, etc.

At this rate I might be able to give MvC2 another shot. :-P

after trying online play i'm seriously considering returning this game.

i just got done coming from a tournament and MvC3 is dumb if i dont have sentinel or spaming projectile i guess i dont want to win. if thats how this game doing to be played im not playing this game

In about 15-20 ranked matches, I've never seen Sentinel. I've fought plenty of Dante's and Ammy's, but no Sentinel. Why does everyone keep complaining about him? I've never fought him, nor have I had to worry about some kind of beam spam. Sure, I meet Deadpool players who just use Trigger Happy over and over. But that's what super jump, and Hulk's armor is for!

In fact, I'm feeling much more confident about online. Out of approx. every 3 matches, I'm winning two of them. It turns out Hulk is good for just about anything, as long as he doesn't get 100% combo'd to death. But that goes with every character, no?

In about 15-20 ranked matches, I've never seen Sentinel. I've fought plenty of Dante's and Ammy's, but no Sentinel. Why does everyone keep complaining about him? I've never fought him, nor have I had to worry about some kind of beam spam. Sure, I meet Deadpool players who just use Trigger Happy over and over. But that's what super jump, and Hulk's armor is for!

In fact, I'm feeling much more confident about online. Out of approx. every 3 matches, I'm winning two of them. It turns out Hulk is good for just about anything, as long as he doesn't get 100% combo'd to death. But that goes with every character, no?

Sentinel with level 3 X-Factor demolishes everything. Without X-Factor, laser spit is faster than it was in MvC 2 (it was fast already), and now it does considerable chip. When X-Factor is activated, it gets even faster and can chip an entire team pretty much before X-Factor is over. Not impossible but it's sometimes demoralizing when one lone Sentinel can destroy a team pretty much as quick as an X-Factored Phoenix but has like three times as much health.

i just got done coming from a tournament and MvC3 is dumb if i dont have sentinel or spaming projectile i guess i dont want to win. if thats how this game doing to be played im not playing this game

I guess you better not buy it because from day one we all knew that's how it was gonna be lol

LOL @ People raging at this game. This game is 100X more balanced than MVC2. However, I'll agree that the speed in which you can spam beam attacks is absurd and unlike any fighting game I've saw before. The main reason it's a pain in the ass in this game is because everyone moves at the speed of death and floats in the air longer than the second coming.

The only thing that I think is flat out broken in this game, and online I have yet to find one person who disagrees........the damned X-FACTOR!!! If your opponents characters are all at about half health and you can land a few team aerial/super combos on them......you win. You can annihilate the other team with just your last character.....They might as well have just said in the instruction manual "Push all four buttons to gain a ridiculous advantage once per match". It's broken because it does insane damage, all your characters heal faster and it's the only time the characters don't move at retard speed.

X-Factor can gtfo.

P.S. Checked the disc and there are no problems with it. If it keeps crashing like this I'm sure not what to do. I have the special edition of the game, I'm not sure if that would make any difference.