Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

It's worse when you're blocking and just holding down the assist button, waiting for your other dude to switch in, but he never does because you can't do this while blocking, so instead you just get chipped to death.

I know there's a way to counter with a switch while blocking, but like advancing guards, this counts for fucking jackshit when I'm playing online and there's half a second of lag.

It's worse when you're blocking and just holding down the assist button, waiting for your other dude to switch in, but he never does because you can't do this while blocking, so instead you just get chipped to death.

I know there's a way to counter with a switch while blocking, but like advancing guards, this counts for fucking jackshit when I'm playing online and there's half a second of lag.

I am trying to think of a way to implement counter-exchange into my strategy but I find it hard to justify burning a whole meter for it.

I added a bunch of you to my list just now ( NOBODY ADDED ME TO BEGIN WITH D: ) so we should playyyyyyy

Got your add, man. I typically don't go to online play until after 5. Looking forward to annihilating playing against you. Anything before that is grinding for arcade endings and mission mode.

I beat an X-Factor Sentinel spammer today. I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF! :<

You made me learn a lot more about Hulk in the lab. I went on ranked matches and just took a 15 game win streak on PSN woooooo.

I find it odd I am going back and forth between consoles just to play the same game lmao

I added a bunch of you to my list just now ( NOBODY ADDED ME TO BEGIN WITH D: ) so we should playyyyyyy

I already have you added but I never see you on xbox live. When do you play?

Whenever I'm not doing grad school homework. :)

Typically I play in the evenings.

Your in grad school! When did that happen? Where are you going to school now? Where have I been?

I play in the evenings as well so if you see me, don't be a stranger, I am always up for having my butt kicked so long as it is by someone I know.

Your in grad school! When did that happen? Where are you going to school now? Where have I been?

I play in the evenings as well so if you see me, don't be a stranger, I am always up for having my butt kicked so long as it is by someone I know.

Yea I've been in grad school for a bit now, but I am going slow as a snail because I got the Academy of Art in SF and that's a private school so I'm basically paying out-of-state university type tuition. Out of my own pocket no less. I better get back at it though. Gotta spend like 20 hours on this still life drawing so I can justify hopping on LIVE and stomping people at night.

Yea I've been in grad school for a bit now, but I am going slow as a snail because I got the Academy of Art in SF and that's a private school so I'm basically paying out-of-state university type tuition. Out of my own pocket no less. I better get back at it though. Gotta spend like 20 hours on this still life drawing so I can justify hopping on LIVE and stomping people at night.

Oh right, now I remember you mentioning the Academy of Art. For some reason I thought you went off to some distant college. Well, good luck with that still drawing and perhaps i'll see you on live later.

Delay your jump after the launcher slightly and it'll work.

There we go. I was always jumping right away lol

I think my favorite combo in the game so far is with Morrigan.

L - M - H - S. Then do L - M - H - Shadowblade - Level 3 Super Combo in the air.

Yeah, yeah simple to do I know......but it looks freakin' sweet.

There we go. I was always jumping right away lol

I think my favorite combo in the game so far is with Morrigan.

L - M - H - S. Then do L - M - H - Shadowblade - Level 3 Super Combo in the air.

Yeah, yeah simple to do I know......but it looks freakin' sweet.

you know what is sweet that i did once, not sure if its viable all the time, but in the corner, L - M - H - low H - f.H - shadowblade - FREAKIN DODGE THIS - air H - lv. 3 super

AND IT ALL COMBOED

in case you didn't know, Morrigan can cancel any of her specials into fly (qcb+s). this makes her ground fireballs safer, and in addition to that, you can cancel her aerial shadow blade, which is great because shadow blade builds meter really nicely.

you can add extra hits into your combos with something like:

c.L > c.M > s.H > c.H > S > j.M > j.M > j.H > shadow blade > qcb S (fly cancel) > j.H > j.S (cancels fly) > land > S > continue with w.e

you could even do multiple reps if you wanted to, but bigtime damage scaling will kick in.

in case you didn't know, Morrigan can cancel any of her specials into fly (qcb+s). this makes her ground fireballs safer, and in addition to that, you can cancel her aerial shadow blade, which is great because shadow blade builds meter really nicely.

you can add extra hits into your combos with something like:

c.L > c.M > s.H > c.H > S > j.M > j.M > j.H > shadow blade > qcb S (fly cancel) > j.H > j.S (cancels fly) > land > S > continue with w.e

you could even do multiple reps if you wanted to, but bigtime damage scaling will kick in.

you can also cancel fireballs into other fireballs

you can also cancel fireballs into other fireballs

Awesome. Morrigan is epic.

If anyone wants to kick my ass, and I know there's a few people who do, just add my xbox tag. I'm not the only one who uses it though! I don't play much video games though (I hate most video games) so it's pretty much always gonna be me on mvc3.

The game hasn't crashed on me anymore but I'm paranoid of playing online now.

My opponent uses assists: They are marginally effective and usually set me up to be combo'd. In the most recent case, to death. Over and over. Fucking spider man.

I use assists: I just have TWO characters trapped in a team hyper combo that essentially drains over half my life meter. I still somehow managed to win twice in nine matches (until my wrist gave out). It was because of the wonderful spamminess of Tron and Haggar.

That said, I would love to learn how to effectively reversal myself out of those damn team air combos. They are crazy infuriating to get caught in over and over.

My opponent uses assists: They are marginally effective and usually set me up to be combo'd. In the most recent case, to death. Over and over. Fucking spider man.

I use assists: I just have TWO characters trapped in a team hyper combo that essentially drains over half my life meter. I still somehow managed to win twice in nine matches (until my wrist gave out). It was because of the wonderful spamminess of Tron and Haggar.

That said, I would love to learn how to effectively reversal myself out of those damn team air combos. They are crazy infuriating to get caught in over and over.

Yeah, I have no idea how people seem to instinctively know what direction you pressed when you hit the special button to switch out. That being said everyone this game pits me against is a damn MvC god. Always many, many ranks higher than me.

So it's probably just some pro instinct..........or I'm just totally missing something.

Yeah, I have no idea how people seem to instinctively know what direction you pressed when you hit the special button to switch out. That being said everyone this game pits me against is a damn MvC god. Always many, many ranks higher than me.

So it's probably just some pro instinct..........or I'm just totally missing something.

Stop trying to knock them downward. It gives you full meter and they know you want one.