Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

You see, the problem with fighting games is that there is this whole "man up and quit crying about it/practice more" attitude. You will never find a Capcom, Namco or SNK fighting game where the majority of players say it sucks. Even if it really does. If you say something is unfair or whatever you will be told to "man up and quit crying about it/practice more".

I sincerely hope this isn't how you deal with real life problems.

Nobody in any fighting game community will ever tell you that Sagat isn't bogus in SF4 or that Arakune or Hakumen in BB aren't OP, or that Sentinel is the bane of anyone's MvC experience.

They WILL however figure out strategies on how to take them down and rise above them, BECAUSE they enjoy the game so much. Even Justin Wong admits that it's a game first and foremost and you should enjoy it. Why the shit would anyone play a game they didn't think was fun? I'm pretty sure that's the textbook definition of "counter intuitive".

So what happens is you spend countless hours in training mode because other players have convinced you to convince yourself that you and not the game suck.

Yeah man, those musicians. Why the hell do they spend so much time practicing? They should be able to pull off those crazy techniques right from the start.

I'm currently looking at Arthur / Trish / MODOK for an all chip damage team

just use chris instead of arthur

the revolver does more block damage than most of arthur's moves when they actually connect and you'll actually be able to do something if they get close to you

I'm not going to stop playing as arthur but I am pretty sure at this point that how well you do with him is based entirely on luck

Yeah man, those musicians. Why the hell do they spend so much time practicing? They should be able to pull off those crazy techniques right from the start.

I am not disagreeing with you, but you really shouldn't compare a fighting game to music.

Anyone in the world can appreciate ones musical prowess, not everyone can appreciate someone who has spent an intense amount of training mode. Fighting games age and expire. Musical talent does not.

I sincerely hope this isn't how you deal with real life problems.

Nobody in any fighting game community will ever tell you that Sagat isn't bogus in SF4 or that Arakune or Hakumen in BB aren't OP, or that Sentinel is the bane of anyone's MvC experience.

They WILL however figure out strategies on how to take them down and rise above them, BECAUSE they enjoy the game so much. Even Justin Wong admits that it's a game first and foremost and you should enjoy it. Why the shit would anyone play a game they didn't think was fun? I'm pretty sure that's the textbook definition of "counter intuitive".

The amount of butthurt fans in this thread is just lol

I used "spending countless hours in practice mode", (which I personally don't do) as an example. I don't really give half a shit if I'm good at the game or not. The reason I do play the game is because.........wait for it.........I think it's still fun. Thing is, I'm not afraid to point out things I don't like. Things I think could be improved upon.

I am not disagreeing with you, but you really shouldn't compare a fighting game to music.

Anyone in the world can appreciate ones musical prowess, not everyone can appreciate someone who has spent an intense amount of training mode. Fighting games age and expire. Musical talent does not.

So true.

Something nice about a game with a big roster is that I can have it both ways. I practice with X-23/Spencer/Trish and keep those characters near the peak of the metagame. Everyone else I just screw around with and have fun.

Generally, if someone chooses a completely new team for our 2nd match, I will then also start picking totally new teams. If they stick with the same team for match 2, I will continue to play characters I have experience with.

The idea of being crap at the beginning and getting better at something you enjoy with time and practice is still the same, so the comparison is quite valid.

The idea of being crap at the beginning and getting better at something you enjoy with time and practice is still the same, so the comparison is quite valid.

A very true comparison indeed. However, an unnecessary comparison. I think you missed the point of my post that you quoted.

People will tell themselves that the game is perfect and the sole reason they are having trouble is because they're not good enough. That's true, but only to a point. There are often imbalances in fighting games which can rob you of wins and of loses you otherwise deserved. Hardcore or determined players and fans deny that fighting games have these flaws.

Like I've had super hard-core MVC2 fans tell me that the game is "perfectly balanced" and the only reason I hate infinites (things that accidentally exist in the game) is because I'm "too n00b to block them".......No. I hate them because they make the game boring.....

I don't think balance will ever truly make its way into a Vs. Capcom game lol

At least there's more variety in character selection overall in casual and competitive play rather than just the same 5 Marvel characters.

Haha yeah, the history of the Vs. series is that they're all terribly broken. Agreed that the variety 3 has had is amazing thus far given their track record.

I don't think balance will ever truly make its way into a Vs. Capcom game lol

At least there's more variety in character selection overall in casual and competitive play rather than just the same 5 Marvel characters.

Probably not lol. I think in X-Men Vs SF every single character had at least one infinite....

after doing all of captain america's missions, i must say that i absolutely hate him the most in this game

they were not hard to do, i just really hate the way he plays in this

Were you a Cap player in previous Vs. games? I think he's vastly improved here -- the new shield toss mechanics are fun as hell to play with.

new team in the works

team tricky

derrit will not approve

Also you are still yet to play me -- we gotta fix this sometime.