Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

Anyway Jill and Shuma in like 5 days......Who's downloadin'?

I got the special edition, so I got 'em for free. :)

Of course...I'm not really playing this game anymore, so I suppose I'm gonna download 'em, watch their arcade endings...and then...turn off the game...I guess. :|

I got the special edition, so I got 'em for free. :)

Of course...I'm not really playing this game anymore, so I suppose I'm gonna download 'em, watch their arcade endings...and then...turn off the game...I guess. :|

Same here lol

Well I'll probably use em' online a bit too. Jill more than Shuma.

Anyone else with the special edition been using the Marvel Digital comics thing? I've looked at it like once or twice.

What's really retarded is falling for the same 3 moves over and over and over again; Akuma's spinning electric kick, Chun-li's spammy kick, and Sentinel's SENTINEL FORCE.

Guh. It was almost a blessing when my connection dropped off. I woulda been fighting them until I won, which wasn't happening any time soon.

What's really retarded is falling for the same 3 moves over and over and over again; Akuma's spinning electric kick, Chun-li's spammy kick, and Sentinel's SENTINEL FORCE.

Guh. It was almost a blessing when my connection dropped off. I woulda been fighting them until I won, which wasn't happening any time soon.

I hadn't played this game for a few days but I came back to it today and ya know,

I can't believe It's only now that I really realize something. Unlike the older games. When you get hit in this one. It actually hurts. I mean I knew the damage was higher to start with but now that the game has been out for a bit, even I have discovered combos that will do 100% damage on an average health character. Basically every match is becoming people doing the same shit over and over waiting for it to finally connect. That's not just n00b players like me either. It's like it's everyone! That's boring.

I dunno man. I hope the dlc is enough to keep me playing.

its stating that you are lazy

there are easily many ways to get around spammy stuff

try learning a character that has a teleport and have a character with a linear beam assist come in and give you back up when you teleport

shenanigans like that easily break down spamming fools

No it isn't what I stated. Why is it that everyone in this thread totally puts their own spin on posts? The high damage output of combos makes lots of people rely on a select few. Which they try to hit you with over and over and over.

What is so difficult to grasp about such a simple concept?

"This game is so awesome and flawless and I just love everything about it to death!" Is that what everyone wants to hear? That makes for a lame discussion. Keep forking over your hard earned cash to capcom. Because the only reason they went ahead and made this game was to profit off the success of the Marvel films and SFIV. That's a fact.

This thread was fun about a month ago......now it's just lame. I quit.

Which they try to hit you with over and over and over.
Spamming, in the context of video games, refers to the rapid, repeated use of the same item or action.

Your post basically said that you didn't like the game because it encourages people to actually learn to play it. As others have said, spamming is pretty easy to counter, if you know how to play the game. I personally like the fact that the game has so many ways to encourage you to learn.

Getting hit a lot? Learn to block.

Can't land a lot of consecutive hits? Learn to combo.

Getting spammed with annoying moves? Learn to counter them.

Tired of getting killed in oinline matches? Practice in Arcade/Training/Mission Mode.

The way you describe, it sounds like you feel the game is broken. And it may be, but certainly not because of spammy moves, poor ranking system, or the fact that it's heavily based on previous titles in the series. The game gives plenty of ways to avoid/counter these situations. You just merely don't want to take those avenues and would rather have the game just hand it over to you. And that's fine, but that's not what competitive games are for.

Smash Bros. Brawl removed a lot of these kinds of inequalities because many players (like yourself) did not appreciate the complexity of the game and were tired of getting killed by people who did appreciate it. So Nintendo decided they would try to diminish the competitive aspect of the game. Ask any competitive Smash Bros player, Melee is still the preferred version for tournaments because Brawl so heavily leveled the playing field between experienced and inexperienced players.

I played against a 7th Lord this morning. It was amazing. He beat me cleanly, without resorting to the same combo over and over. He mopped the floor with me and it was fun.

I do have a nice winning streak going in ranked matches, which is cool. But it seems like I can only connect to ranked fighting once before it just starts giving me the failed to connect message. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Is there a way to to quickly get another match without being booted back to the main online menu?

I played against a 7th Lord this morning. It was amazing. He beat me cleanly, without resorting to the same combo over and over. He mopped the floor with me and it was fun.

I do have a nice winning streak going in ranked matches, which is cool. But it seems like I can only connect to ranked fighting once before it just starts giving me the failed to connect message. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Is there a way to to quickly get another match without being booted back to the main online menu?

It's an ongoing issue that's still being worked on. I hardly play ranked and stick to small lobbies. People equally as good there.