Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

I finally got around to playing with Jill for a bit and found her interesting.

I also played around with new teams. I have been finding better results with Ryu, X-23 and Felicia. Though i am still far from good, I am wining a little more in player matches. (I have decided to stay away from ranked to prevent myself from hating the game) Arthur and Storm are also some of my favs to use and of course my Darkstalker Trio.

So I'm curious, what's the most effective way to use Magneto? He's got a great beam and a great throw, sure, but his normals seem to have really bad range.

Triangle jump / wavedash in there and then do the infinite. One hit from Mag should make for a dead character.

His poor range on a few normals is easy to make up for with all of that mobility. You could also play him as an annoying zone character with the beam...but IMO he's best at rushdown.

So I'm curious, what's the most effective way to use Magneto? He's got a great beam and a great throw, sure, but his normals seem to have really bad range.

Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor! Disruptor!

I think I've pretty much given up on this game online. Anything new I learn is outmatched by people who either have a better grasp of the controls than I do, or just know how to be cheaper than I do. I stuck it out for a good long while, but it's just no longer fun when you got people completely destroying you before you even have a chance.

That, and trying to connect to a match with someone who's of the same rank as you is a goddamn joke.

Thought buying Jill would have coerced me into playing more, but she's not as fun to play as I would have liked.....certainly not like she was in MvsC2.

I think I've pretty much given up on this game online. Anything new I learn is outmatched by people who either have a better grasp of the controls than I do, or just know how to be cheaper than I do. I stuck it out for a good long while, but it's just no longer fun when you got people completely destroying you before you even have a chance.

Have you played with any of us yet? Most of us aren't that great :P

This is a total noob question, but... how does one "add" people to their friend list on the ps3? I ask because I'm so used to either the simplicity of anonymity or the drudgery of friend codes.

online nick is Thalzon, of course, if anybody ends up adding me.

This is a total noob question, but... how does one "add" people to their friend list on the ps3? I ask because I'm so used to either the simplicity of anonymity or the drudgery of friend codes.

online nick is Thalzon, of course, if anybody ends up adding me.

There's the Add Friend option in the list section...

What is a triangle jump? Forward jump, airdash down at a diagonal? And then what's the infinite?

Yea that's a triangle jump. And no, Magneto doesn't actually really have an infinite.

Gotten too good? :P

Hit me up next time you see me on.

While I can't say I didn't get significantly better, I just feel like I'm one of the few in my circle of IRL and online friends that actually enjoy getting my ass beat horrendously by people way better than me to learn a bunch of new things. Losing to people way better than me and then reflecting on how and why I lost and what I can do to overcome it is the only way I've gotten any good.

Edit: They keep finding crazy things in this stupid game I don't know if I can keep up

While I can't say I didn't get significantly better, I just feel like I'm one of the few in my circle of IRL and online friends that actually enjoy getting my ass beat horrendously by people way better than me to learn a bunch of new things. Losing to people way better than me and then reflecting on how and why I lost and what I can do to overcome it is the only way I've gotten any good.

i like this too keep playing with me plz

Yeah, I'm up for playing more as well. Still trying to find more characters that I really like to play... I was liking Chun at first, but it's too easy to trigger her lightning legs and mess up combos. Hsien-Ko is interesting too. For now though, my top characters are Magneto, Sentinel, Hulk, Haggar and Dormmamu, and I'm somewhat proficient with Morrigan, Storm, Iron Man, Wolverine and Ryu.

Yeah, I'm up for playing more as well. Still trying to find more characters that I really like to play... I was liking Chun at first, but it's too easy to trigger her lightning legs and mess up combos. Hsien-Ko is interesting too. For now though, my top characters are Magneto, Sentinel, Hulk, Haggar and Dormmamu, and I'm somewhat proficient with Morrigan, Storm, Iron Man, Wolverine and Ryu.

Chun rose like a million points after I instagibbed you with her. Definitely putting some time in to figure her stuff out :P

You know, I still have yet to get my codes for the special edition character DLC yet. I submitted an email complaint to capcom 2 weeks ago and got nothing about it yet either. Wtf.

if you're on xbox go to the official site you do the redemption there

no one seems to know this