Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

I don't know why but tonight I was totally in the freakin' ZONE with this game. Not that I was doing good, I was getting destroyed but I was having a shitload of fun.

Except I did kick ass at one part. Felicia is just too damn awesome. Now, whenever I know I'm going to lose, I just rapidly press taunt. "Let's Let's Le- Let's L- Let's GO!" Sometimes the opponent just stops and goes "Wtf?".....which gives me ample time to strike.

if you're on xbox go to the official site you do the redemption there

no one seems to know this

That's where I redeemed it at. I finally got an answer back from capcom from their tech support, which pretty much just said "log in to the MvC3 site through the redeem page, and it will display your code". Nope, it goes to a white blank screen. Does this both in firefox and IE. So looks like its back to emailing them.

How do you deal with pressure from characters like Dante or Wesker? Their ability to teleport behind them is pretty powerful, especially vs. keepaway characters like Dormammu. I have no idea what to do against them except for hope that they mess up a combo.

you Rage and quit the game like i do

Yeah, I get the importance of push blocking for the rushdown, but when they can just teleport to either side, it's SO easy to get crossed up unless you have almost perfect reaction time. I just don't know how to go on the offense.

Train them to avoid teleporting:

If you have any dedicated AA moves, just start busting them out when they teleport. Haggar's Lariat is probably the best, but Ryu's Shoryuken, Iron Man's Repulsor Blast etc. can punish them. If you have a fast dash move such as X-23 / Wolvie's dashing strikes, you can often charge on reaction and wind up trading places with neither player connecting (which is still better than getting hit yourself).

Good assists to deal with this: Trish's Peekaboo trap assist takes those teleports off the table as a hard-counter. Haggar and Tron still work well to deal with people that get too close.

A few supers worth noting: Doom's sphere shuts the "teleport above you" route down almost completely, and Hulk's leaping meteor super works well also if they drop in front of you.

Hope this helps!

The teleporting characters have become soooo predictable. 90% of the time they go behind you, if you're in the corner they'll usually wind up above you.

I think every Dante player ever in this game uses the same strategy. That move where he teleports to the air above you and brings the sword down on yur skull. Playing some people I swear this is ALL they know how to do with him.....that one combo that starts with that sword move.

Between Zero's Ryuejin and Dante's Jam Session, I almost never fall prey to teleports. Ryuejin, even when it misses moves me out of range of Wesker's inital attack, and Jam Session has massive push, so even if they block when they teleport, they get pushed way back. Iron Man's Repulsor Blast is excellent, but it takes a while to start up, so you almost have to know that the teleport is coming.

I am having WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much fun with this game since I got it. Started out awful and I'm working my way to decent, lol. I need to work on varying my moves and combos a little more but there's nothing more satisfying that to just rush Hulk or Sentinel down with Zero and know that you've got it in the bag, lol.

I wish I had time to play, gotta finish my research paper first ;(

I now have three complete teams though, which is nice. Currently it is Spencer/X-23/Trish (primary), Arthur/Dr. Doom/Trish (projectile annoyance), Cap/Thor/Chun-Li (noob stomping).

I know that everyone kinda hates on Captain America btw, but he's hella fun to play. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
gawddammit

I don't play for a month and a half and The Derrit gets good in my absence.

(Way to go me for falling into every dumb Hulk thing >:[ )

lol ggs gt

yeah hulk can be infuriating even i still get hit by hammerfirst when i play other hulks

viewtiful joe :3 trying to learn the timing for gamma crush/joe slow dhc

The thing that was getting me the most was the fact you can do the double horizontal gamma charge and safely link to gamma crush. I kept thinking there was time for punish but it perfectly goes into it. Without your Zero though I wasn't too troubled. I dunno how I won some of those with some of the garbage teams I picked but I came out learning something about Hulk though and that is always good. Twas fun though.