Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

I'm seriously going up against guys who have spammed the air combos, and I just have trouble getting out of them. Or blocking a 30 hit combo ending with a hyper.

Seriously, I have a fucking life outside this game. I can't play it all damn week or memorize all the combos from Mission Mode and execute them flawlessly.

I'm seriously going up against guys who have spammed the air combos, and I just have trouble getting out of them. Or blocking a 30 hit combo ending with a hyper.

Seriously, I have a fucking life outside this game. I can't play it all damn week or memorize all the combos from Mission Mode and execute them flawlessly.

Push blocking is your best friend in these scenarios.

GG Arek! Maybe you'll get more than one win. :P :P :P :P :P

Teasing aside, I know you have the potential for good execution but you gotta stop pressing extra buttons in lag. It doesn't work. Trust me. It just leads to dropped inputs. We'll play more for sure! Even I learned some things when we were playing tonight.

Why Zero and Akuma?

I agree with Bleck. Zero has some insanely long chain combos. Him and Dante.

Akuma because of his infinite (doesn't work on every character though) plus the fact that he's the fastest moving character in the game and does good damage.

1 year from now I just know everyone's going to say Akuma is the best character.

zero because it's really easy to pull off his most damaging combos

akuma because oh what I have meter MESSATSU GOUHADOU MESSATSU GOUHADOU MESSATSU GOUHADOU MESSATSU GOUHADOU MESSATSU GOUHADOU MESSATSU GOUHADOU MESSATSU GOUHADOU

I guess I just don't really mind them since they both have the least health other than Phoenix and will die in like two combos.

Zero outprioritizes every move if you're trying to press buttons at midrange but will probably lose if zoning or waiting for openings at close range.

Akuma is fast movement-wise and while his attacks are general quick, there are other characters that can out-poke up close. If you're worried about the beam hyper you might not want to stay on the ground far away all the time. It's his best hyper so it's something you should expect if he has any meter.

Now I'm probably going to get flamed for this.

But I honestly doubt that most of the "pros" at fighters have much of a life. Like Daigo etc. These people have basically made a profession (for which they get paid REAL MONEY) out of playing a video game at tournaments and stuff. People like Seth Killian. The guy is capcom's "community manager". Basically he's a fanboy who's paid to play games and interact with fans. In short, he doesn't have a real job in the video game industry.

It's like Korea and Starcraft.

If you're super good at the game and you don't play it all the freakin' time. It's probably just because you've been playing the series for many years but not religiously.

But I honestly doubt that most of the "pros" at fighters have much of a life. Like Daigo etc. These people have basically made a profession (for which they get paid REAL MONEY) out of playing a video game at tournaments and stuff. People like Seth Killian. The guy is capcom's "community manager". Basically he's a fanboy who's paid to play games and interact with fans. In short, he doesn't have a real job in the video game industry.

If you're super good at the game and you don't play it all the freakin' time. It's probably just because you've been playing the series for many years but not religiously.

facepalm.jpg

you need this kind of facepalm. for so many reasons

if you can pay the bills by playing your favorite video games I mean why not

Someone like Daigo is fortunate enough to be able to make a living by doing something he enjoys which I am sure is something we all would like. He might not have "a life" outside of all this but we can't really knock on it

Those fucking basketball players. Wasting all their time practicing a dumb game and actually getting paid for it.

i think the point being why personally insult people for being skilled, who cares what they're skilled at. to reference other games in which people are pro, several ssbm players have other interesting things they do, i have yet to see more than four or five people at tournaments of over 40 people that are your stereotypical 'shut in' type. oftentimes the best players are the most interesting and most intelligent; its the fat nerds who aren't good and complain all the time

not to mention seth killian not only has a job but has one of the best jobs ever. on top of that he's incredibly important because he's a person who can take feedback from the public and translate it into developerspeak thus making the games capcom makes better

its just a dumb thing to say

facepalm.jpg

you need this kind of facepalm. for so many reasons

If you're being paid money to do what you love then hell yeah so I guess I said that part wrong.

Still I've never understood paying someone just to play a game. Unless they're testing it or something.

I guess my point is invalid if people like Daigo are being paid to test the games and actually contribute to them. But if you're paid just to be cool and shake hands with fans........

Oh and

Those fucking basketball players. Wasting all their time practicing a dumb game and actually getting paid for it.

I see your point but you make some of the worst comparisons. A basketball team represents (usually) a city and simply can't exist without it's hard working, professional level players.

A video game and it's company can exist easily without "pro" gamers.