Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

Jill is one of those characters that really needs assists to help her get inside. No double-jump or airdash on a character that fast is strange also. That being said, her damage output is excellent for her speed once she gets in.

Mad Beast state is extremely cool but near impossible to control, especially under X-Factor. There comes a point where you're just too fast, haha -- I'll be very impressed when the big combo videos for her start coming out in a few months.

Shuma doesn't impress me as much -- I don't know what role he's supposed to be filling. He doesn't rushdown well at all, and his zoning ability is minimal compared to the dedicated zoners. Thoughts on him are welcome as I just don't know what to do with him.

Shuma's a great character, fun to use and all over the place. Jill is a great technical fighter, but from a "character" perspective, she's lacking. Her lines are all generic and she only says anything special when fighting Chris (maybe Wesker too, but I couldn't find anything in her sound clips). She's still fun, but kind of generic...

Blade appears in her arcade mode ending, which is kinda cool. Shuma's ending has him ultimately becoming the host of a japanese game show. Yyyyep.

Well, I'd tell you how great Jill and Shuma are.

IF I COULD PLAY THEM. I entered my special edition code, all goes well. I fire up the game and it tells me "can't download" no reason given as to why. I'm like, "Oh no problem, I'll just download it again. I already entered the code and it cleared so it shouldn't be an issue.".........that didn't work. So I go back to the website and enter the code again, at which point I'm greeted with a "tough $h!t sweetheart" type message. The code's already been used.......she won't download. I paid for that. That's mine. So hand it over.

That's the final kick in the balls I'm willing to take. A great franchise being driven straight to mediocrity-town I can deal with. I can still have fun. Screw me out of content I already forked over my cash to get? Now we got a scrap on our hands.

I'd be forgiving, if they were doing something to fix this. So far, nothing. Still, they better fix this.

I know people are gonna be calling me a whiner as always. Sorry, I don't like it when a company bends my wallet over the love-seat and slams it like a cheap slut.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTMNMYlgtDdFKQCCm3LD13w7wkY0FxM12pUXWPgfAacTToS156&t=1

Well, I'd tell you how great Jill and Shuma are.

IF I COULD PLAY THEM. I entered my special edition code, all goes well. I fire up the game and it tells me "can't download" no reason given as to why. I'm like, "Oh no problem, I'll just download it again. I already entered the code and it cleared so it shouldn't be an issue.".........that didn't work. So I go back to the website and enter the code again, at which point I'm greeted with a "tough $h!t sweetheart" type message. The code's already been used.......she won't download. I paid for that. That's mine. So hand it over.

That's the final kick in the balls I'm willing to take. A great franchise being driven straight to mediocrity-town I can deal with. I can still have fun. Screw me out of content I already forked over my cash to get? Now we got a scrap on our hands.

I'd be forgiving, if they were doing something to fix this. So far, nothing. Still, they better fix this.

I know people are gonna be calling me a whiner as always. Sorry, I don't like it when a company bends my wallet over the love-seat and slams it like a cheap slut.

Report the issue. If you don't put complain to the right people about it, then you're definitely not going to get Jill and Shuma.

OK, now I see why Sentinel is so good. He has armor on his Medium attacks. His low Medium has an enormous hitbox and combos perfectly into launcher, so that's very hard to deal with.

Right now, I'm liking Sentinel, Dormammu and Hulk or Wolverine.

Your Sentinel wrecked my Arthur team last night, haha. Definitely gotta use a safer assist on that team next time :P

It's nice to be able to play Marvel on my parents' bigscreen compared to my 28'' tv btw -- definitely a good way to spend time when nothing is happening here :P

UuuuuuuUUUUUUUGH playing normal mode is murder on my arms. I played as Hsien-ko, Taskmaster, and Shuma versus a dude's Dante, Wolverine, Ryu team. He got me every time, but I got SO CLOSE to winning the third round. I was down to Hsien-ko, he X-factored as Dante (his Wolvie was dead already) and I spammed the low H attack. For some reason he didn't bother blocking. I kill Dante, Ryu jumps in, I prepare to X-Factor, and... Time's Up.

I was so mad. So, so mad.

EDIT: I should probably ask here, since I'm trying to master Shuma, but... What does it mean by "charge" in the movelist?

For example: < (charge) > H

I've tried holding down buttons to charge and dashing in the move, but neither seem to produce the desired effect. Granted, it feels like inputting moves is a crapshoot half the time anyway, but perhaps someone here could clarify what they mean by "charge"?

UuuuuuuUUUUUUUGH playing normal mode is murder on my arms. I played as Hsien-ko, Taskmaster, and Shuma versus a dude's Dante, Wolverine, Ryu team. He got me every time, but I got SO CLOSE to winning the third round. I was down to Hsien-ko, he X-factored as Dante (his Wolvie was dead already) and I spammed the low H attack. For some reason he didn't bother blocking. I kill Dante, Ryu jumps in, I prepare to X-Factor, and... Time's Up.

I was so mad. So, so mad.

EDIT: I should probably ask here, since I'm trying to master Shuma, but... What does it mean by "charge" in the movelist?

For example: < (charge) > H

I've tried holding down buttons to charge and dashing in the move, but neither seem to produce the desired effect. Granted, it feels like inputting moves is a crapshoot half the time anyway, but perhaps someone here could clarify what they mean by "charge"?

That means you hold in that direction for about two seconds.

So < (charge) > H would mean you hold away from your opponent for about two seconds then push forward plus H.

A trick is, you can also charge holding down and away from the opponent! So you won't move away while charging the move.

That means you hold in that direction for about two seconds.

So < (charge) > H would mean you hold away from your opponent for about two seconds then push forward plus H.

A trick is, you can also charge holding down and away from the opponent! So you won't move away while charging the move.

Holding a diagonal also lets you charge down and back simultaneously -- useful for someone who has charge moves in two directions. The amount you have to charge is shorter in Marvel than in SF2 by the way; play around with the timing.

Lastly, if you are having trouble with inputting moves on the pad, I highly recommend that you pick up an arcade stick for fighting games. It doesn't have to be a super expensive one, but almost everyone reaches a point where the pad just holds you back. For reference, I have a Madcatz SE stick (admittedly, with upgraded Sanwa parts) that is working like a dream.

Holding a diagonal also lets you charge down and back simultaneously -- useful for someone who has charge moves in two directions. The amount you have to charge is shorter in Marvel than in SF2 by the way; play around with the timing.

Lastly, if you are having trouble with inputting moves on the pad, I highly recommend that you pick up an arcade stick for fighting games. It doesn't have to be a super expensive one, but almost everyone reaches a point where the pad just holds you back. For reference, I have a Madcatz SE stick (admittedly, with upgraded Sanwa parts) that is working like a dream.

Agreed. After you get used to using an arcade stick it just feels totally alien to use a regular controller.

The xbox controller is crap for fighting games I find.

There are always exceptions (both HDR and SSF4 at Evo 2010 had very high-level pad users) but I think overall, arcade sticks help with execution. The main thing is button usage. It's easier to hit and roll multiple buttons on an arcade stick than a controller, generally speaking.

Anyway, I've played about 10 ranked matches online, I'm more or less 50/50. Definitely having fun there. I feel a lot less outmatched than I did in SFIV/SSFIV online.