Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

Played this game after a month of letting it gather dust on my shelf, and I'm still as horrendous as before on my 360 controller (Which I still use). :razz:

Gonna probably play online a little with my Haggar/Deadpool/Akuma team (Swapped out Spencer for Akuma) 'Kuma's a placeholder until I find someone that clicks Hag and Deady.

Patch rolled out!

Preparation for Event Mode annnnnd

Sentinel health nerf from 1,300,000 to 905,000.

I personally think having him become more of a glass cannon is a step in the right direction but it's a bit much. Dropping the health from 1,300,000 to 905,000 might have been a mistake. It might have been intended to be a drop to 950,000 since that is the Iron Man, Morrigan, Viewtiful Joe, MODOK, Wolverine health tier. No other character has 905,000.

Patch rolled out!

I personally think having him become more of a glass cannon is a step in the right direction but it's a bit much. Dropping the health from 1,300,000 to 905,000 might have been a mistake. It might have been intended to be a drop to 950,000 since that is the Iron Man, Morrigan, Viewtiful Joe, MODOK, Wolverine health tier. No other character has 905,000.

It's about time!!!

Patch rolled out!

i agree despite him being really powerful, he's so big that he's also much easier to hit. this in a way is already a health nerf so him having standard to slightly above standard health makes sense. less than standard seems a bit much

My new favorite team is Wolverine, Phoenix and Trish.

I'm starting to get better with making longer combos with just one character. By bouncing the opponent off the ground, wall etc. and launching them again.

I think bardicknowledge said in this thread how to launch the opponent twice with Trish but I can't remember.....I also enjoy spamming fireballs, traps and teleporting with phoenix more than ever but it makes me feel like a cheap bastard if I win that way :?

I think bardicknowledge said in this thread how to launch the opponent twice with Trish but I can't remember.....I also enjoy spamming fireballs, traps and teleporting with phoenix more than ever but it makes me feel like a cheap bastard if I win that way :?

Trish's air combo works as follows: (all midair after an S launcher)

M, down+H xx qcb+L, M M (double jump) M, down+H xx qcf+L xx qcf+2x fireball super.

That gets difficult online, where I usually just cancel into the super off of the first trap. If I need more damage then you can do M, down+H xx qcb+L xx super off the first trap (two traps/relaunches total). Don't forget that you can tag out after this sequence also -- most people don't expect a tag after the trap relaunch.

I'm surprised some people here have been having trouble online. I'm really not that good, but I have about 70-80% win rate (admittedly, I've only played about 15-20 ranked matches.) It's been a ton of fun.

I have the same win rate albeit way more matches. It's gone down a bit because the system gave me the same exact people who were beating me for one whole night.

Edit: Also-

__duo_team_attack_finish___by_kiwi_rgb-d3cgxx3.gif

So, anyone see the supposed dlc plan leak?

Marvel: Dr. Octopus, Juggernaut, Elektra, Apocalypse, Thanos, Iceman, Ms. Marvel

Capcom: Frank West, Phoenix Wright, Jon Talbain, Gene, Strider, Megaman X, Gail

On the Capcom side they seem like pretty sweet choices, but the Marvel side looks a tad questionable. Honestly, Iceman? And both Thanos and Apocalypse? Do they even have firmly-established powers, or are they just generically powerful? And why Juggernaut, when there was contention that Thing was too similar to Hulk? Wouldn't Juggernaut ALSO be similar to Hulk?

Oh well. I know, it's just a rumour, but considering the last time there was a leak and it was perfectly accurate, there's a chance this one might be too. Also, it's got a time limit: there's supposed to be an announcement next week.

So, anyone see the supposed dlc plan leak?

Marvel: Dr. Octopus, Juggernaut, Elektra, Apocalypse, Thanos, Iceman, Ms. Marvel

Capcom: Frank West, Phoenix Wright, Jon Talbain, Gene, Strider, Megaman X, Gail

Juggernaut, Thanos, and Iceman all have established movesets from which to work. Apocalypse really surprises me, as he was a screen-large boss in one of the VS games (MSHvsSF). We'll get Ms. Marvel instead of Rogue, which will please some and upset others. That leaves Doc Oc, a Spidey villain (currently none), and Elektra (fanboy favorite).

Capcom selections are all fan-requests (but who are Gene and Gail?) I just wish Firebrand was on the list...alas. ;(

not to be the downer but this is most likely b.s. where would they put these characters for starters, and if they are charging 5 dollars for each then a 'full version' of the game would be like 120 dollars i think people will start picking up on the fact that that's not a deal. adding over a third of the cast as dlc makes no sense

Actually, that's not a bad list, if it's legit. Which, I can't help but think can't be true.

I highly doubt Capcom would reach to Godhand or Dino Crisis. This list really just sounds like a compilation of all (or most) of the things the fans have been begging for.

But it would be cool if it was true.

All I know is if they released BlackCat, Rogue and Gambit I'd play this game 24/7. Hell, I'd be happy with just one of those characters. Especially BlackCat. Then I can have not one, but two Felicias on my team.

As for the Capcom side.......please, no megaman....please

I'd be fine with Megaman if his command list is similar to Arthur -- for instance, qcb+l = air shooter, qcb+m = tomahawk, qcb+h = flame shot. Super could be elec beam (multidirectional), qcf+lmh = shadow blade direction dependent, etc.

Could be extremely cool!

MMX should work similarly, but I don't know those bosses as well :P

Arthur is beast in MvC3, I'm so happy they put him in. I'm not sure about MMX, though...I'd prefer Mega Man Trigger, if anything. Yes, I know he was in TvC, but that game sucked. >.>

Either way, has anyone been playing with Jill? I haven't been able to play for a good little bit and she was going to be apart of my A-Team (Felicia, Arthur/Jill, Morrigan).