*NO* Luigi's Mansion 'the anti-ignorance'

djpretzel

First thing, this mix is 7 megs.

Musically, the guitars are cool, but they sometimes grate and are out of tune. the mix is awfully repetitive, and awfully long.

and while the lyrics are cool, the rapping isnt quite there rhythmically, i hear lots of slips, and it certainly isnt interesting enough to keep my attention for 5 and a half minutes.

it just sounds like five straight minutes of cool but sometimes sloppy rapping, and the musical aspect doesnt really go anywhere.

It's NO Niggaz 4 Life.

Since we can't take 7MB version, we can ask weed for a 128KB version if this actually passes.

I thought zykO's guitar work was perfectly fine (Vig'll kill me on that) and featured enough natural subtle variation throughout the 5 1/2 minutes to keep things interesting. Nothing came across to me as grating, and the style's purposefully much more relaxed and loose than a lot of the guitar mixes you'd hear in the community. It was nice listening to the mix and simply focusing in on the guitar work. It's minimalist in the coverage of the source material, but the same issue that the judges had a few months ago with "River City Rap" for example doesn't exist here, IMO. I would have liked to have heard literally any variation in the drum pattern, which otherwise sounded full and provided the beat. As that's generally how hip-hop/rap beats are structured, I've got no problem with it.

As for not feeling the rapping, I completely disagree. It's rough around the edges and I'm not oblivious to the minor rhythm issues, but the rhymes are solid as hell, sounding more like a freestyle than meticulously pre-planned material, thus I don't mind all the words not flowing 100% perfectly. Nothing over the course of the lyrics sounded like some sort of jarring misstep. As for the issue of musical repetitiveness, I think the criticism's valid but it's also in part an issue of how well you feel the lyrics hit you since those two elements are co-dependant here. Myself, I enjoyed the lyrics and thereby wasn't bored with the music while listening to them, but that depends on who you are. For me, weed's lyrics have a level of complexity and sophistication that encourages attentive listening. This is raw but solid work on both the instruments and the lyrics; organized enough where I don't feel any of the imperfections are a significant detraction at all.

YES

I've heard this before. Thought it was pretty creative. Issue then and now is lack of any real variation in this song. For the same reason we rejected crazy kracker, this gets a NO. Really nothing going on in the way of 'Remix'. Its basically a rythme to rap to.

Pisses me off to have to reject this. I really like the song. Definately something I'll keep.

HMMMM

Yeah. It's nice and all; there's a flow there, but it's not particularly tight. Unfortunately, it's not much a remix of the Luigi's Mansion. It's just there to be rapped over.

Nice joke about Mustin though. XD

It's cool, but not much of a Luigi's Mansion remix. Percussion coulda been tricked out at some point too. Sorry man.

NO