Monster Hunter Tri

tweex

Go into your room (solo or online) or go to the armory (online) and go 'talk' to the item box there. Select manage equipment to equip weapons and armor, and select 'remove items' to take out of the item box (things like potions, traps, etc etc). Let us know when you get online and snag a hunter ID Thalzon. That's where most of the game is.

Alas, you might not see me online for a while. Though my Wii CAN get online, apparently it cannot link with other systems. I've had this problem for a while and it completely mystifies me. In Smash Bros, for example, people I've traded friend codes with cannot see that I am online, nor do their friend codes register on my console.

I'm enjoying the story mode for now. We'll see what comes of it.

By the by, was anyone else weirded out by Mogo Village's men all wearing chaps and sky blue thongs?

Not sure if that'll be a problem, since there are no "friend codes" per se. There are hunter ID's but its not like you're linking up Wii's or anything. I think if you can connect to the server you'll probably be fine.

Also, Moga folk are crazy. More reason to jump online. In all fariness though, I think it is good to spend a decent portion of time on the single player game, so you can get your farms and stuff active. Then you can pump out items for online mode with no problem.

I think it is good to spend a decent portion of time on the single player game, so you can get your farms and stuff active. Then you can pump out items for online mode with no problem.

Yeah, it's the first game I've played with a so solid interation between online and offline. Even without online the single player campaign would be still a good game.

Not sure if that'll be a problem, since there are no "friend codes" per se. There are hunter ID's but its not like you're linking up Wii's or anything. I think if you can connect to the server you'll probably be fine.

Also, Moga folk are crazy. More reason to jump online. In all fariness though, I think it is good to spend a decent portion of time on the single player game, so you can get your farms and stuff active. Then you can pump out items for online mode with no problem.

True enough, I did get full fishing fleet and farm myself. Thinking I might go back and wipe out single player just to make it easy to farm certain non-elite monster parts too.

True enough, I did get full fishing fleet and farm myself. Thinking I might go back and wipe out single player just to make it easy to farm certain non-elite monster parts too.

I hear that. Got my farm mass producing herbs, blue mushrooms and honey. I haven't bought a single potion in the game yet :).

I've found that the online item trading (the fish monger lady in Luc Loc) often produces the best results if you never sell anything you carve/gather.

There are often amazing deals for rare items, items used in common and useful combinations, and so on.

Capture a Great Jaggi? D: I don't even know how to use traps efficiently yet!

Haha I felt the same way. It took three tries for me to do it without killing it. There's another capture mission afterwards that I've been ignoring. Tried fighting a Barroth last night(unsuccesfully). Pretty much any sharpness other than green bounces off of him. I'll probably have to switch to lance or something...

Tried fighting a Barroth last night(unsuccesfully). Pretty much any sharpness other than green bounces off of him. I'll probably have to switch to lance or something...

You would think that, but I found that the Barroth moves too fast. While a lancer could easily just block the Barroth's attacks without flinching, I've always found myself struggling to keep up with the thing to do any damage to it.

You would think that, but I found that the Barroth moves too fast. While a lancer could easily just block the Barroth's attacks without flinching, I've always found myself struggling to keep up with the thing to do any damage to it.

It's all about that timing. It might take forever to take a Barroth down solo, but as long as you watch his moves and pace yourself, it's doable. But yeah, the more green you can get on your weapon, the better. I started out trying to fight him with a weapon that had some green but barely so, and needless to say it was frustrating since I'd been Scrooge McDucking my whetstones up until that point.

As a lance user myself, you have to wait for him to come to you. And when he does, you can really inflict a lot of damage.

I've seen other players wait around with the lance to poke Barroth here and there every once in a while. But I've found it a bit more engaging dodging for your life with a greatsword in hand =P

I'm slowly making my way in trying out all the weapons. I want to try out the bowgun but the fact that I would need to forge a bowgun plus a bowgun armour set makes me want to procrastinate.

I actually like SnS, it feels almost like playing a 3D Zelda game :D

Wanna try many others anyway...

Is there in the US the Jhen Mohran event quest? I did it two times, but still can't make that interesting Mohran sword...

I actually like SnS, it feels almost like playing a 3D Zelda game :D

Wanna try many others anyway...

Is there in the US the Jhen Mohran event quest? I did it two times, but still can't make that interesting Mohran sword...

SnS isn't too shabby truthfully. It's not huge damage, but linking combos smoothly is ridiculously easy and damage is rather steady, without giving some element of defense against those normal quick strikes that tend to tick you off the most and wear away at HP. In the end I prefer the maneuverability of long sword (when I can run right in half the bosses faces and go wild and still not get hit somehow), but if LS and mace give me trouble, I switch back to sword and shield for a while to 'learn.'

I tend to use SnS a lot when I don't want to waste potions :P

It's great for jumping in with a combo, dodging, running out, and repeating this process; your risk of taking damage it very low (especially with auto-block). It's surprisingly effective, especially if you have poison or paralyze.

I can't get used to the switch axe. That and Great sword just feel so slow to set up for me, I hate it. Mobility is a pretty big deal to me against most bosses.

Switch Axe isn't so bad once you get used to it, it's actually my main damage dealer because of the spamability (new word) and range of it. It's fairly fast compared to larger weapons. The great sword is indeed pretty slow, but that's made up for by giving it a guard function.

I can't get used to the switch axe. That and Great sword just feel so slow to set up for me, I hate it. Mobility is a pretty big deal to me against most bosses.

You know, I felt the same way about the Hammer, having to charge it up each time, but the first time I stunned Agnaktor and Uragann, I knew it was a powerful weapon. I now use the hammer exclusively for Agnaktor, Uragann, Barroth, and the Great Baggi/Jaggi! I'm even contemplating switching to hammer for Gigganox.

I tend to use a lance for anything that I have to fight underwater, namely Lagiacrus and Gobul. They move so fast, that blocking has become an imperative for me since dodging underwater doesn't give you the same invulnerability it does on land.

Most everything else, I use the LS for, and then it's a toss up between the Guan Dao and the Wyvern Sword "Flame". One more Rath Medulla and I can upgrade to the "Flare" version!