Monster Hunter Tri

tweex

I've found hammer and LS work for pretty much everything for me, SnS is just when I'm unsure of patterns. Also, LS is perfectly fine in water, but not really anything special until you get the combo bar charged, since linking combos is slow and cumbersome. Hammer, though... well, hammer is easy and powerful (for me) from the moment you first give it a whack, haha. The combos are pretty simple, the greatest flaw it really has is recovery when you miss. XD

I pretty much use Great Sword for everything. It gets tricky sometimes, but usually there's a point where you can trip up your mark and get a good lvl 2 charge hit off on his head/weak point and really put the hurt on him. I've tried the other weapons, but just have too much fun with GS, I always go back.

Hooray, I captured the Great Jaggi on my first try. Then I found some crystal bones (and despite finding 10 and not 4, still had 0 after the mission >:| What the hell.) And saved Shakalaka from... some pretty weak monsters, actually.

I've almost got the entire Jaggi close-range collection of armour, too. I think I'm getting a good feel for the game now.

Still only using short swords, tho.

Hooray, I captured the Great Jaggi on my first try. Then I found some crystal bones (and despite finding 10 and not 4, still had 0 after the mission >:| What the hell.) And saved Shakalaka from... some pretty weak monsters, actually.

I've almost got the entire Jaggi close-range collection of armour, too. I think I'm getting a good feel for the game now.

Still only using short swords, tho.

Ah, those special items are converted into extra cash at the end of your missions dear. Notice when you have more than normal monster guts, for instance, you get an 'item bonus.' That's what it's refering to.

I fucking want that Jhen Moran SnS (don't remember the exact name), but I miss one Moran Brace and cannot get it before GC 27 or so :( how sad...

Yeah, I got that one made before I could get the longsword myself. ...I don't think you can get elder blood til post HR 31 honestly, but my friends disagree with me. Just seemed like I killed him 30+ times before that and couldn't get it, and as soon as I hit 31 bamf, longsword.

Yeah, I got that one made before I could get the longsword myself. ...I don't think you can get elder blood til post HR 31 honestly, but my friends disagree with me. Just seemed like I killed him 30+ times before that and couldn't get it, and as soon as I hit 31 bamf, longsword.

I only got to fight Jhen Mohran once (HR was in the low teens) and I got an Elder Blood so it's definitely not limited to high ranks.

6 hours in, good times are being had.

It's the first time in weeks since I've had free time (and what better way to spend it?)

Heres a query... Does Australia use American or European servers?:dstrbd:

Oh wow. Been a while since I came to the forums here and there's a MH3 thread. I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised.

Speaking of Jhen, I just think he's an awesome fight in general, since it breaks away from how you do all the other fights. I just hit HR 30, so I'll be fighting him again in order to continue ranking up. I play a Lancer, and I've been having quite the fun time with it.

That's basically what I'm afraid of, too. Mario Galaxy will immediately take priority over Monster Hunter, just like Monster Hunter took immediate priority over Cursed Mountain and Brutal Legend...

... And the Condemned games.

... Why am I working full-time again? I have too much to play here.

That's basically what I'm afraid of, too. Mario Galaxy will immediately take priority over Monster Hunter, just like Monster Hunter took immediate priority over Cursed Mountain and Brutal Legend...

... And the Condemned games.

... Why am I working full-time again? I have too much to play here.

Bwahaha, s'all good, I'm not complaining. SMG2 has my mouth watering, no lie. ..And I have MMX collection arriving in a day or two... *weeps* I loved you MH3... but I think we shall be strangers ever more soon. ;_;

• 3 weeks later...

A little question:

How many players can be in the same city in the US servers?

In Europe the limit is 4, wich is pretty boring because if a single player doesn't join the quest, the party cannot be of four.

I saw in some videos that in the JAP version cities are bigger, like 8-10 player slots.

• 2 months later...
A little question:

How many players can be in the same city in the US servers?

In Europe the limit is 4, wich is pretty boring because if a single player doesn't join the quest, the party cannot be of four.

I saw in some videos that in the JAP version cities are bigger, like 8-10 player slots.

Yeah, original Japanese version had 10 person rooms but no Wii Speak support. Rooms were cut down to just 4 when the voice chat was added. Considering how nearly unintelligible voices are this was a terrible trade off.

Yeah, original Japanese version had 10 person rooms but no Wii Speak support. Rooms were cut down to just 4 when the voice chat was added. Considering how nearly unintelligible voices are this was a terrible trade off.

Yeah...

Anyway I've completed all the online quests a few weeks ago so...I'M OUT, finally I can play other games again:lmassoff:!