OCR MVC 2 pt 2 is coming. Thanks Diotrans!

The Biznut

Interesting editing contrast between the performers: the singer's verses have frequent cuts while the rapper's verses are done in single (Steadicam) shots. Also apt choreography when the singer's arms go down on "No valley too deep" and come up on "No mountain too high". I particularly enjoyed the rapper's finger wagging on "No no no no..." Lovely pinball mise en scéne as well.

yes

haha, I just LOVE those old 90's eurodance music videos! So...old! Retrostyle!

I have listened to the remix I want to cover about a hundred times in the last 2 weeks, each time visualizing what my music video would look like, mentally storyboarding it each time. I'm going to commit to this, I'm positive I can make it happen. It's been a real challenge to vision it through so it will feel pretty good to accomplish something with it! It will involve a road trip most likely, so it will at least be fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I got to shoot some settings today. Looking into one or two pieces of equipment and renting a room too... I've also got a buddy in another city who I want to cast for a role so I'll have to bus him in... and I'm talking to someone realistically about costumes.

I hope I don't over-reach making this happen and wind up getting screwed on deadlines.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow some of you are really putting a lot of work into these. I'm beginning to worry mine may look lame in comparison, lol.

All I used for mine is images and video clips from a space documentary and about 40 hours of editing.

Good luck everyone I look forward to being put to shame.

I may not be participating in this one...

My remix is on the panel right now. I think if it passes, I want to make a music video for it. I really had my heart set on that remix since obviously I have some investment in the story of the song already. If it does pass, it's highly unlikely to be posted by the August deadline for this challenge, so I would probably just wait until the next challenge to enter it (though I guess that would mean sitting on it for months and not showing it to anybody... hmm). Anyway that was my thinking.

Yes, I could do a different video now and do the one for my remix later, but I don't know, I just had my heart set on that one. I had a lot of other ideas, but nothing that really screamed out to me and inspired me... that would also be feasible given my means. I have tons of ideas for totally impractical videos .)

I hate double posting... but I want to make sure the thread is active and I keep everyone posted on my status, which is changing more than I thought it would.

I've determined that the concept I had in mind before is still good, and it could be achieved with a minimal budget if I wanted to, but it just isn't coming together for me like I wanted at the moment. Certain people, and now lost time is a factor too...

So I'm picking through a few new ideas, one of which came to me last night. In the end, if I wrap one up effectively and early I might just shoot for two entries this next competition and leave my impressive blockbuster stuff for round 3. Sound good?

Interesting... facebook is being my friend for this one. It's easier to convince people you're not going to make something totally embarrassing when you have linkable proof that you can make something not totally embarrassing.

Also, Marley, the leading lady of my last vid has shown interest in being in this one as well.

Interestingly enough, though I met her through a random online talent search, in real life she is now my dental hygenist.

Ok I'm sorry but those greedy corporate bastards decided to block the video because I did not have rights to the song. So I had to replace the audio with some other random song for it to a least be viewable. This has screwed over all my hard work and I know noone will be bothered playing the audio which can be listened to for free from a single google search, with the video. But it's the best i can do, enjoy seeing the video, but since it's a music video you will need to listen to the song with it for it to make sense.

I guess this goes to show why I should stick to OCremixes.

Damn it.

Well... I might have to start from scratch again. After coming out with a story, editing a rough storyboard, casting interested people, and finalizing 8 separate locations and shooting dates, I've decided to drop that whole project.

If I was smart and was shooting when the project STARTED I could get it done in time no problem. But using the remaining time with the project I had in mind I needed all 8 of those shoots.

Then weather, other people not showing, and work (taking fully half of those days away) hit me all at once.

I'm now likely to shoot something entirely different either completely indoors, or something animated.