Heavy metal track needs vocals

jabond23

Hi, i wrote this track called Always Wrong and i'm looking for someone who can provide some vocals for it. I don't have any lyrics written so i'm more than open to lyric suggestions. I can write something for it if the willing person doesn't want to write lyrics.

Here's the song:

stats.png

Here's another sort of power/prog metal track called Through Darkness i wrote that could use some vocals as well:

stats.png

Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Hi, i wrote this track called Always Wrong and i'm looking for someone who can provide some vocals for it. I don't have any lyrics written so i'm more than open to lyric suggestions. I can write something for it if the willing person doesn't want to write lyrics.

Here's the song:

stats.png

Here's another sort of power/prog metal track called Through Darkness i wrote that could use some vocals as well:

stats.png

Just send me a PM if you are interested.

I'll do it. ;)

I don't know why but I feel half tempted to toy with this.

Absolutely! I already had someone say they'll do Always Wrong, but i'm more than up for hearing your version of it!

I'll do it. ;)

Again, let me hear what ya got! Everyone has a slightly different style and up for hearing different versions! :D

Absolutely! I already had someone say they'll do Always Wrong, but i'm more than up for hearing your version of it!

Again, let me hear what ya got! Everyone has a slightly different style and up for hearing different versions! :D

Which song(s) did you want me to do? And I have to write lyrics? o_o

What do you want the lyrics to be aboot?

Yeah, i play the guitar, not write lyrics, lol. I suppose i really could if you can't come up with anything, but its better off the singer write them. :D

So write whatever I want? Puppies? Kitties? Rainbows and clouds? I'm just kidding you bro, hahah.. Those ideas you pmed will be great for writing lyrics with.. thanks. :-)

So write whatever I want? Puppies? Kitties? Rainbows and clouds? I'm just kidding you bro, hahah.. Those ideas you pmed will be great for writing lyrics with.. thanks. :-)

Hmmm....a metal song about Kitties....the possibilities, lol. :D Can't wait to see what you come up with man!

I'm really sorry if this counts as spam, but I really have to say that I'm looking forward to this song, it's spectacular even as it is, but adding vocals to it will make it even better.

Good job, Joe, and I can't wait to hear Brandon's vocals.

I'm with Archangel on this.

Really enjoyed Brandon's vocals on "Monkeys Disarm Their Kremlings." Can't wait to hear what he has in store for this.

I'm with Archangel on this.

Really enjoyed Brandon's vocals on "Monkeys Disarm Their Kremlings." Can't wait to hear what he has in store for this.

I don't know if he was looking for growls... maybe some clarification from him on this would be useful.. Growls would be easier for me to perform and write lyrics for than 'heavy metal' style like Iron Maiden vocals. :-) But also my dad is working nights now and sleeping all day, at least for the next week, so I'm a little stuck as far as performing anything. :-(

P.S. omg... I'm so flattered you guys.. thank you. ^_^

Yes, i'm really looking forward to hearing Brandon's version for either of these songs!

A swell fellow by the name of Cyril the Wolf did a vocal track for Always Wrong and you can check it out here:

stats.png

He did a very Phil Anselmo of Pantera sound. Which i think fits very nicely with the tone of the song. Its supposed to be a very angry song and he conveys that state of mind very well with his singing. This is actually one of the very times i've ever mixed vocals into the track and he had some quick production comments about but i think it came out decent. :D

PS Still VERY looking forward to hearing Brandon's version also!!

Yes, i'm really looking forward to hearing Brandon's version for either of these songs!

A swell fellow by the name of Cyril the Wolf did a vocal track for Always Wrong and you can check it out here:

stats.png

He did a very Phil Anselmo of Pantera sound. Which i think fits very nicely with the tone of the song. Its supposed to be a very angry song and he conveys that state of mind very well with his singing. This is actually one of the very times i've ever mixed vocals into the track and he had some quick production comments about but i think it came out decent. :D

PS Still VERY looking forward to hearing Brandon's version also!!

So you didn't want growls then... growls can sound pretty angry though.. I could go devin townsend on that mofo

I think death growls might fit this better... not a big fan o' that style vocals. Prefer Cyril's vocals on the Mega Man mix he did for DoD.

Growls would be easier for me to perform and write lyrics for than 'heavy metal' style like Iron Maiden vocals.

Someone should totally send Bruce an email, lol. Kidding, obviously, but I don't think the operatic style would fit well with this kind of metal. Much more aggressive than Iron Maiden and his solo work.

Brandon, you def need to go for the growls.

I think death growls might fit this better... not a big fan o' that style vocals. Prefer Cyril's vocals on the Mega Man mix he did for DoD.

Someone should totally send Bruce an email, lol. Kidding, obviously, but I don't think the operatic style would fit well with this kind of metal. Much more aggressive than Iron Maiden and his solo work.

Well alright then guys, growls it is. :-P I suppose I'll need to write up some lyrics for those 2 songs, then lay them down. (and smackem jackem)

Wait, you prefer those crappy ass clean vox? O_O!!!!

Man, I totally thought I was better at shouting on metul. Oh well, the more you know!!!

Man, I totally thought I was better at shouting on metul. Oh well, the more you know!!!

Lol, I think its just the fact that I'm not a fan of the thrash metal style vocals. Truthfully prefer the clean vocals that're used in a lot of power metal or the Rob Halford style... or the death growls.

Yeah, I'm weird, lol.

Hey man, i'm defending you. I think you did a f***ing awesome job with the vox on Always Wrong and i'm glad you did them for me!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...