OCR02024 - Kirby's Block Ball "Breakout"

djpretzel

Hats off to you my friend. I've been a avid listener of OCREMIX for quite a few years now. When I listen to a new song submission I can usually tell if it is "Re-Playable" with-in the first 15 seconds or so. You got my attention from the very start, and I have been playing it and replaying it for the last two days now.

I give each song a full listen, and then decide if I'm likely going to put it on my computer or ipod. Some songs never make it.

With THIS song, however, I saved it after the first 10 seconds, and I KNEW that the rest of it would be great, and you did not disappoint!

I liked it SO much that I registered my account just so I can post and tell you about it!

Great Job!

~David

This probably sounds more negative than intended, but this remix sounds like OCR anno ~2002. The arrangement, the choice of sounds/instruments, the production...all of it reminds me of OCR of yonder.

Which, as far as I am concerned, isn't necessarily a bad thing, seeing as how I listen to the old trance remix rather often.

This probably sounds more negative than intended, but this remix sounds like OCR anno ~2002. The arrangement, the choice of sounds/instruments, the production...all of it reminds me of OCR of yonder.

Which, as far as I am concerned, isn't necessarily a bad thing, seeing as how I listen to the old trance remix rather often.

Martin, thank you buddy, I take that as a compliment! I was definitely going for 'listening' style trance than raving-style. As long as the production wasn't too bad :).

• 3 weeks later...

I like this one. The lead took a while t get used to, it's too simple for the rest of the instrumentation, and yet it now fits just fine. Gives the track its own style. The track overall is varied, even its repeated parts just flow on nicely, really hard hitting, danceable, listenable... One of my favorites among the 2010 mixes so far.

There's a few compression things that bother me with this mix, how some parts just seem squashed and crowded, and then there's that some of the instrumentation sometimes seem to disappear in the mud (tho imo never the lead). Doesn't detract enough for me to not like the track. Nice work. :D

• 2 months later...

Just caught up on my mixposts, I was about 70 behind... was listening to random selections on my way home. Still haven't heard them all, but so far this is the pleasant surprise of the bunch. It had my full attention in about 3 seconds and never let it go, had a big grin on my face from start to finish. I supremely enjoyed the subtle variations, and the lead synth melody is killer. I downloaded it yesterday and am in danger of over listening already :-) I look forward to more Hollidayrain in the future!

• 2 years later...

Pretty good trance track. The energy had just enough "umf" to it to keep the beat going and there was enough instrumentation to keep me interested. I really enjoyed the break down in the middle before building it back up to finish strong. Fantastic ReMix with a hint of classic OCR in it.

• 6 months later...

I still love this song even after almost 2 years. I like to listen to music to help me relax and take a breather from life, and this song in particular really helped me get through some tough emotional times after moving away from my parents for college.

Thank you so much for being persistent with this one and resubmitting it. This is easily one of my favorite songs on OCR.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02024 - Kirby's Block Ball "Breakout"