First stab at making something orchestral

WiKiD

Hi there, new to the site, just wanted to say that I'm working on something new and orchestral for the first time (was inspired by the Mass Effect 2 guy after finding out he did everything in FL Studio) and I've used it for various projects before since 2002 but nothing orchestral.

Check it out let me know what you think, I'm having a little trouble with the drums and accents and where to place them but hopefully I will get better at that :)

For this I used Edirol Orchestral and Miroslav Philharmonic...

Click here for the link

Cheers,

WiKiD

Sometimes it sounds a little out of sync, but that may be the reverb and or delay on some of the tracks. After 1:25, it sounds really good. I have the Miroslav Philharmonik but haven't even messed around with it enough yet. I really like the percussion. The concert bass drum and that snare sound really good.

Its a really good first start. For some reason though i think sometimes the strings are a bit too shreiky. It might have to do with the EQ settings you've got on it. Other than that, it sounds really good man.

thanks dude, I will play with the eq a little bit! :)

I just got both Edirol and Miroslav very recently... I find Miroslav to be either hit or miss for their presets, the strings are not too bad (used at 1:35), prior to that I was using Edirol.

Also Miroslav's horns are OK-- more realistic-sounding than Edirol-- but i'm trying to get Projectsam Symphobia JUST for better sounding horns...

Instruments aside, what do you think about the time signature? In a trance/dance song I'd usually be adding a new layer every 4/8 beats... Kind-of to set the tone, you know? But It almost seems like in something orchestral 8 beats takes TOO long and there's too much repetition...