OCR02026 - Golden Axe II "Battle Axe-Wielding Dwarf"

djpretzel

Besides that orchestra being a bit too far back, this track is about as solid as they come. Very awesome beats, some meaty sections interspersed with some more serene orchestral parts, almost like taking a brief respite from battle before jumping back into the fray, and then a quasi-jazz piano solo. I mean, why not? Are you going to tell a viking-dwarf NO? Here's a hint: you aren't.

I love the layered snare sound that comes in with the lead guitar a whole lot, and unlike other beats, which are not suitable for viking-dwarves (sorry djp), this one is full-on.

Lali-ho, I give this song 3.5 viking-dwarves out of 4.

dwarfreview2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I kept turning this up and up not knowing why it felt soft even when the layers r all balls to the walls and EUREKA I think the drums r too far in the back in the latter two thirds of the mix. Besides this (possibly unwarranted) quip I enjoy this a lot and catchy source!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

....,./\...

..//`-||-'\\

.(| -=||=- |)

..\\,-||-.//

..`...||..'

......||

......||

......||

......||

......||

......()

Seconded. This song grows on me every time I hear it. It's those aforementioned effortless transitions. The song and it's "subsongs" are the perfect length, satisfying and varied without dragging on.

• 8 months later...

The introduction completely threw me off. I was fully expecting an orchestral rendition, but the arrangement steadily morphs into and mix of electronica and rock. This, is just fantastic and really well executed. There is a mix of many styles and they are all done really well. The arrangement makes this amazing and the performances just reinforce that further. It manages to keep you on your toes without throwing you every which way. The piano ending is just beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Strong orchestral intro into a kickin' electro-rock ReMix? Yes please! Electro-rock has to be one of my favorite sources and this arrangement is simply amazing. Love the addition of the piano at points, and the piano outro was a nice touch. Great ReMix.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Holy crap, this is certainly one of the most epic hybrid pieces out there! Certainly dig the piano breakdown at 1:48 as well as the all the following parts, including small synth solo at 2:04, the seamless interplay with electric guitar at 2:10, badass comeback of the fuller soundscape at 2:20 and, of course, the piano ending! Oh, and that flute soloing was a nice touch too! Damn, I really really really love this track, thanks man!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02026 - Golden Axe II "Battle Axe-Wielding Dwarf"