Legend of Mana - Earth Painting

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting a WIP, so I have no idea how this works. Anyways, I've been working on a piano arrangement of the song Earth Painting from Legend of Mana, and would really like some feedback. It's currently only a minute and a half, and right now I'm just using a random piano VST, but if you could let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Uploaded a newer version. Still nowhere near finished (It's actually shorter than it used to be :S), but I've added a lot, so I'd love to hear what you think.

Click here to listen to Earth Painting Demo.mp3

One thing that will definitely need work is your dynamic range. Just playing the notes on a piano won't do anything for the listener. A solo piano piece absolutely NEEDS to have differences in volume, it's what provides the instrument its power.

Your arrangement is fairly conservative for the bulk, then you get into actual arrangement near the end. Compositionally, it sounds fairly good. You may want to thicken up the chords a bit, instead of playing a melody over a back-and-forth bass, but still, not bad, given you're changing keys.

Try fleshing it out some more, and boosting its length. Right now, most of this is straight from the source. But it sounds like you've got some really creative stuff, like you're mixing in a classical sonata.

• 2 weeks later...