"Club Hyrule" Ressurected!

Draconiator

Remember this? http://www.box.net/shared/y0pzv72tm1

Well I decided that using one of my originals wasn't going to cut it, so I closed down shop for a while, and worked on more originals. I recently decided to give it another shot, but instead of using one of my originals, I would build it up from scratch, using some newly acquired techniques from here.

So here it is so far: http://www.box.net/shared/4kk58j75aq

INITIAL POST: The build up. It's kind of unfinished, but I will get to everything else in time. For one, I need a crash cymbal, as well as a closed hat, and bass. As well as some other things.

EDIT 1: Nearly done the buildup. Still can't find a cymbal I like. I think this sounds loads better than the old version already. Any problems I should fix so far?

EDIT 2: STILL no cymbal, but I have some of the main melody in. Slow going now because I need to think this carefully.

EDIT 3: More of the main melody. The strings repeat because I have not yet edited them, heh

I hope eventually to submit this as an OCReMix.

I'm digging it a lot. The buildup is on the lengthy side, though, and I'd suggest that for OCR subbing you could better have a shorter intro; leave the longer one for people who are going to use it in albums so they can mix the tracks together. I'm still curious as to where this will lead but I think you're on to something with this :)

Link in my OP, It's now half a semitone up, 10 BPM slower (now 155), I'm almost done the main melody after which I will work on filling what I have out a bit. I want an arp in here for sure...I've added bass to the next part, but I'm not finished with that yet. I need reverb on it. Slowly but surely gettin' it done though. STILL no cymbal, dammit I can't find anything. :evil:

Oh yeah, I need some fills as well, heh