Graduate performance recital - aka, my last collegiate performance =(

prophetik music

hey, everyone.

most everyone here knows i'm a grad student at ithaca college, and have been lucky to be studying with one of the best sax teachers in the business, dr. steven mauk, for two years now. in culmination of my graduate degree in saxophone performance, i'll be playing my final performance recital on tuesday, 4/27/10, in hockett recital hall on ithaca college's main campus.

if anyone's in the area, i'd invite you to come. if not, i'll be getting a CD soon after the recital's over, so i'll upload the files from that as soon as i can.

i'm playing:

phoenix, by ryu noda (unaccompanied, alto sax)

songbook, by david maslanka (accompanied by marimba, alto sax)

sonata, by richard rodney bennett (accompanied by piano, soprano sax)

klonos, by piet swerts (accompanied by piano, alto sax)

some relatively difficult music there, so it should be a fun concert to listen to. hope you all can tune in at some point.

=) thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

had my dress rehearsal earlier today, and it was pretty bad. so hopefully that'll signify a great performance! :<

fratto, this piece is very maslanka-y. lots of root position chords, and it takes forever for him to say what he wants to say. i'm only doing three movements, but it should be pretty cool.