Colette Carr on Youtube.

Salluz

OK, I was chillin, drinking Sprite today and my friends showed me this video:

. Ah, more generic c(rap) music. :-D This time it's a White female! What an interesting way to cover quality with novelty!

1. The video looks like a Lady Gaga influenced gangsta rap session.
  2. The lyrics? I could drop a freestyle (adlib) with more depth and fuck up better than this.
  3. Well, the intro's catchy and the beat's kind of cool but... I don't know, repetitive drum dynamics, preset synths and played-out arpeggios bother me after a while.

Point: she's got rhythm but she's no Eminem. Give up.

people that refuse to enjoy popular music simply because its popular are braindead

and some songs are just fun the people that read into them are just as hilarious to me

qfe

however on the other hand i refuse to enjoy people who enjoy popular music way too much

and there have been cases where their obnoxiousness has made me spite the song by association

Atmuh, I am laughing about gimmicks and hype, not popular music that's good.

people that refuse to enjoy popular music simply because its popular are braindead

michael-jackson-thriller.jpg

I guess I'm not braindead.

and some songs are just fun the people that read into them are just as hilarious to me
Yeah, but if everything that hits media is cheap then... you know... what about really talented people who could use some publicity?

Do you make music?

It's won't be hard to find some people in this forum to agree with you that there's some crappy stuff out there that people manage to make some popularity and a quick buck on. However, keep in mind that whenever you complain about it or bring it up for discussion, you're bringing more attention to it, and there really is almost no such thing as bad publicity. If you want to see better music get more attention, get out there and find it, and find people who will appreciate it and share it with them.

I don't mean to attack the original poster, of course - you have every right to present a legitimate criticism of something you don't like. But I think if you really want to sway the public towards better music, positive reinforcement of good music will always have more effect than negative reinforcement of the bad. People will get defensive when you focus on telling them why what they think they like is drivel, even if your arguments are impeccably sound.

OK, I was chillin, drinking Sprite today and my friends showed me this video:
. Ah, more generic c(rap) music. :-D This time it's a White female! What an interesting way to cover quality with novelty!

1. The video looks like a Lady Gaga influenced gangsta rap session.
  2. The lyrics? I could drop a freestyle (adlib) with more depth and fuck up better than this.
  3. Well, the intro's catchy and the beat's kind of cool but... I don't know, repetitive drum dynamics, preset synths and played-out arpeggios bother me after a while.

Point: she's got rhythm but she's no Eminem. Give up.

I don't see anything in the video or the song that somehow flaunts the fact that she is either white or female. In other words, while the lyrics are bad and the video is very strange (I think if they were congruent with each other I wouldn't have any problem with them) there's nothing that seems to suggest evidence of your primary complaint that she's somehow using the fact that she's a white, female rapper to her advantage.

Maybe in other media she does it? I dunno.

It started off "hard" and then got lame quick. Maybe I made it more than what it was, but it was presented to me in that way. zOMGWTFBBQ WYTE GURL RAPPIN!

I actually know White girls who could stand up to Eminem. I am aware that it's not serious though.

I want to hear these girls because Eminem is a sick rapper.

^My favorite, in fact.

Well she couldn't beat Eminem but she could hang. Her name is Jolene and she has a lesbian other by... I forgot that chick's name. They both rap and were really good but they're chubby trailer trash. They did some gigs but they stopped after one of them had a child from a guy (of course 'twas a guy). Last saw her a month ago, but it's been a few years before that. She spends her time having threesomes and doing drugs, rumor has it.

Well she couldn't beat Eminem but she could hang. Her name is Jolene and she has a lesbian other by... I forgot that chick's name. They both rap and were really good but they're chubby trailer trash. They did some gigs but they stopped after one of them had a child from a guy (of course 'twas a guy). Last saw her a month ago, but it's been a few years before that. She spends her time having threesomes and doing drugs, rumor has it.

why do people care about this kind of information

I'm sorry. This is just awful. Pop music or not, this is just really, really bad and embarassing. I don't "hate all pop music", although I dislike most of it, as it's generally too predicatable, but this is awful. Not even enjoyable-awful. I just want to cry.