Doomsday Zone

Cam3leon

Did this joint a while back, but only half of it. Got around to completing it. As I've stated before, I prefer arrangements to all-out remixes, so this should be faithful to the original and fresh enough for your ears.

I added the pianos and strings in for a little more emotional weight. I mean, it's the frickin' Doomsday Zone. So hopefully I captured that mood alright on this joint. Hope you guys enjoy it! Constructive criticism is APPRECIATED :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/327072

I don't know the source very well so it's hard for me to comment on the arrangement.

I like some of the sounds you've used, but I think you need to look at the dynamics of this piece, to me every part sounds like they're trying to out do each other and the overall effect is that it sounds too distorted at seems to clip quite a bit. I'd also like to hear the drums more, the snare needs to punch through, at certain points it gets lost in the mix (e.g. around 58 seconds).

Hopefully someone else can give you feedback on the arrangement.

I love the source (because you're right, it's Doomsday zone) - but a lot of people may not since they haven't heard it before. Posting the source is a courtesy that helps everyone, so here it is.

The production on this one is really, really dirty. Whether you did this intentionally or not (I'm leaning towards the latter, in this case) you really need to clean up the clipping on it. It's just too difficult to hear the arrangement, on it. If you don't know where to start, turn down the master volume until it doesn't clip, then turn up the tracks individually and mix them so every track has a different place in the song (instead of trying to bring every instrument out to the front).

The arrangement itself is pretty much the source. Not a bad thing, really, although I'd encourage making it longer and playing with the source a little more (that way it won't sound repetitious when you extend the length).

EDIT: Oops, didn't read that you prefer arrangements. That's fine - you can disregard that last comment, if you'd like.

Keep working - the arrangement may or may not be finished, but the production has some way to go. Good luck, and keep us up to date :)

To both of you guys:

Yeah I always thought about the idea of the sounds sounding a bit too smooshed together, instead of complementing each other. But I'm getting better at that, starting to figure out to assign separate channels and what not (I'm still working out my prowess at FL Studio).

And yeah I was thinking about extending it a bit, but it was honestly out of laziness/sleepiness that I cut it short lol. But yeah I'm gonna keep working on this. This really REALLY helps, dude. Seriously, thanks for the feedback!!