OCR02028 - Super Street Fighter IV "Time to Oil Up"

djpretzel

*Adds this to my playlist of Psytrance*

To be honest though, it sounds a little more of the Goa Trance side of Psytrance. Very organic rather than industrial (which is what a lot of Infected Mushroom's stuff leaned toward)

The synths on the other hand are bold beefy and dare I say sexy.

Excellent vocal showing, and the ethnic feel is suuuuuuuuuper present. So yea, great job!

[15:11:14] <@djpretzel> nice, vocals definitely add a lot, though it was already great to begin with

[15:34:24] <Shariq> jill almost fooled me in that mix

[15:34:33] <Shariq> but there's one scoop she does that i hear

[15:34:36] <Shariq> and i'm like

[15:34:39] <Shariq> "not arab. :|

[15:34:39] <Shariq> "

[15:34:51] <anosou> hahaha

[15:35:00] <anosou> You better post that in the review thread

[15:38:12] <oa> agreed

<3 u jill

Eh, this is okay. It's pretty boring, and not even by psytrance standards. Nevermind the fact that it's... not really psytrance. But that's just nitpicking. Otherwise, it's pretty straight forward. Some of the brickwall mastering sounds really out of place, and it overall just seems like sort of a mash-up of timbres that don't really seem to go together. Maybe too many ethnic instruments and not enough synthetic. Just seems contrived, really.

Eh, this is okay. It's pretty boring, and not even by psytrance standards. Nevermind the fact that it's... not really psytrance. But that's just nitpicking. Otherwise, it's pretty straight forward. Some of the brickwall mastering sounds really out of place, and it overall just seems like sort of a mash-up of timbres that don't really seem to go together. Maybe too many ethnic instruments and not enough synthetic. Just seems contrived, really.

Fight! :-)

Haha, you know I really need to stop even mentioning the genre of what I'm doing in my sub letters. People always seem to nitpick about it; the point of mentioning it is really just to describe my influence and inspiration going in, rather than the end result, since a lot of what I do doesn't fall into any genre. Also not really sure what you mean by 'brickwall mastering', this is no louder than anything else I do, and much quieter than anything YOU do :-)

Anyway, thanks all for the comments. I'm actually playing Hakan right now in SSF4 and he's every bit as fun as I hoped he would be. In fact, he's even more fun!

It's not my favorite Zircon remix, but it is still really good. I love the vocal touch by pixie and I think it's a remix that I'll listen to again and again.

Poor Zircon, he's set the bar to high for himself. Kinda like what Binster did with his Ghouls'N Ghosts Poltergeist remix.

Anyways. I thought it was great and kudos again on the voice aspect combined with Zircon's more than adequate remixing.

This shit is sick. I love every part of it. I wouldn't dare nitpick any of this Mr. Z. The guy that actually did nitpick you, he could only do that and justify it by meeting you on the field of remix battle and be trounced soundly by your masterful Haiduken mixer skills. :mrgreen:

I'd cry foul if it wasn't Beatdrop saying this, lol. Personally, I kinda like the mishmash of genres, but it's more like ethnictronica with a psytrance edge. Still is teh awesomes though! :nicework:

It's not my favorite Zircon remix, but it is still really good.

Poor Zircon, he's set the bar to high for himself.

Pretty much have to agree here, I was thinking exactly this yesterday when I listened to it.

Not to say this is bad at all (its pretty damn awesome, and I still enjoy this more than the best output of other ocremixers) but I still think you can do better than this :P

That said, I gotta say I'm loving the stylistic fusions going on here, really gives a unique and pleasing sound.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02028 - Super Street Fighter IV "Time to Oil Up"