Sonic/Pokemon VST

The original pokemon games for gameboy are just the most basic waveforms - any synth should be able to make these very easily. They use only basic square waves, triangle waves and white noise. The sounds of the pokemon are samples; I'm sure there's library of pokemon sounds online somewhere. Google.

Sonic (and all genesis) games use FM (frequency modulation) synths which can be a bit intimidating at first. Do you have any FM synths?

I've never looked for free ones cause logic came with one, anyone else know the good ones?

Logic comes with an FM synth? Lucky bastard...

Anyway, I guess VOPM and TFM maker are good examples of FM Synthesis. Both are difficult to learn, though. Ask around a bit and maybe someone can teach you.

As for "Pokemon sounds" I guess FamiTracker would work well there. Technically FamiTracker is emulating the NES sound chip, but it pretty much sounds the same as the NES outside of the Triangle wave.

Logic comes with an FM synth? Lucky bastard...

Anyway, I guess VOPM and TFM maker are good examples of FM Synthesis. Both are difficult to learn, though. Ask around a bit and maybe someone can teach you.

The EFM in Logic Pro isn't that hard to use (at least compared to VOPM screenshots, I haven't tried VOPM myself).

Might help in understanding FM synthesis:

'>Logic Pro's description of FM Synthesis:

The instruction manual for the EFM1

• 2 weeks later...