"Your Name Please" sample

I have a question involving sampling and legal-stuff.

I am making a remix of "Your Name Please" from Earthbound.

I would like to make a throwback to the original by using the same sample from the Monty Python's Flying Circus intro. Although, in the original game, they used that sample illegally.

If I re-used it and put my remix on this website, would that end up being illegal as well?

Here is the original.

The Monty Python intro music (The Liberty Bell March) is by Sousa and is out of copyright. Wikipedia has an old out-of-copyright recording of the piece that sounds like Monty Python. Use that instead of an actual Monty Python sample, or find another public domain recording, or just arrange the tune yourself.

(In fact, according to Wikipedia, the piece's public domain -- and thus royalty-free -- status was one of the reasons Monty Python chose it.)

EDIT: As a tangentially related point, this means that Earthbound's sampling is only illegal if they used an actual clip from Monty Python, and if the Python recording of it is copyrighted. Hard to confirm, given how unintelligible the sample is.

The Monty Python intro music (The Liberty Bell March) is by Sousa and is out of copyright. Wikipedia has an old out-of-copyright recording of the piece that sounds like Monty Python. Use that instead of an actual Monty Python sample, or find another public domain recording, or just arrange the tune yourself.

(In fact, according to Wikipedia, the piece's public domain -- and thus royalty-free -- status was one of the reasons Monty Python chose it.)

EDIT: As a tangentially related point, this means that Earthbound's sampling is only illegal if they used an actual clip from Monty Python, and if the Python recording of it is copyrighted. Hard to confirm, given how unintelligible the sample is.

Thats interesting.

The Wikipedia clip is very low quality though, so I might make my own arrangement.

I'll be working on this. I'll post a thread for it once I feel it is ready.