UMD Gamer Symphony Orchestra Spring Concert!

Come see the University of Maryland's Gamer Symphony Orchestra perform at their fifth annual spring concert, live at the Dekelboum Concert Hall in the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center!

The GSO is an entirely student-run group with more than 100 musicians, including a 30 piece chorus. We play only music from popular videogames, including "Kingdom Hearts", "Halo", and several selections from the "Final Fantasy" series. In fact, you can hear our rendition of "Still Alive" from Portal here on OCRemix! At the concert, you can expect to hear your favorites from "Katamari Damacy", "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker", "Super Mario Galaxy", and more. The concert is family friendly, so all ages are welcome to attend.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 3:00pm

Dekelboum Concert Hall, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center

University of Maryland, College Park

This event is FREE!

*estimated end time is 5:30pm

For more information about our group, driving and parking directions, and to hear past concert recordings, please visit our website at www.umd.gamersymphony.org

At the concert, you can expect to hear your favorites from "Katamari Damacy", "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker", "Super Mario Galaxy", and more. The concert is family friendly, so all ages are welcome to attend.

It's like Video Games Live but with more interesting selections!

I would definitely check it out if I lived nearby.

Excellent, excellent concert. Mother 3 music was delicious, Aerith's Theme is always enjoyable, Unreal Tournament was killer, and DAMN did Mr. Jamolin tear it up when performing Snake Eater. Also, thank you SO MUCH for not doing Stay Alive as an encore again; I love the song, but two years in a row is a bit much. Baba Yetu was a much nicer surprise.

My only problem with the concert is the cocktease of the picture of Balrog in the program, heralding the intermission, followed by no music played from Cave Story. You must fix this problem next year. And I don't mean by taking Balrog out of the program. XD