OC ReMix Discovery

TMF128

How did you find out about this website?

I actually got a friend request from them on Youtube (probably because they were advertising.)

I checked out some of the remixes, and liked them a lot. I didn't join the site until about 5 months after I found out about them though.

How did you find out about this website?

I actually got a friend request from them on Youtube (probably because they were advertising.)

I checked out some of the remixes, and liked them a lot. I didn't join the site until about 5 months after I found out about them though.

God, I'm not even sure anymore... it's been years, although - similarly to you - I didn't join until a month and a half ago.

Mmm... wait, I think it's coming back to me. I think I did a Google search for "Tifa's Theme," that took me to the VotL website, where I was mightily impressed by the music and one or two of the music videos on there. I followed the link on back to OCRemix from there, if I recall right.

Well, in my never-ending quest for free video game soundtracks, I ended up here a few times... didn't like it then. But then I got into the Black Mages. Rockin' remixes of FF tracks, it was awesome. I found my way back here in late 2007... right around the time VotL came out, actually. I had just gotten my computer and downloaded that right away. A little later, I joined the forums. And I've been loving it here ever since! ^_^

That, and it's good for my career. :P

searching for bloody tears with google 4 years ago took me to ap's Bloody Tears Inspired remix - it might have been one of the first results too. I was trying to figure out how to play it on piano and I hadn't heard it in a while, and I was looking for a cover. Found out the remix wasn't a cover and went back to the google results to get what i was looking for... but a few days later I decided I liked the remix and looked for it again - and I haven't left since.

I first found this place looking for video game music downloads in the second half of 2001. I didn't know it, but this place was just getting off the ground at that time. I live and breathe music (since it's all I ever do, listen to music) so I stuck around the place and watched all the awesome music come into being. I was there when McVaffe threw in his music under three (was it three?) different guises, and I too was floored when he revealed all three were him.

Still, I didn't join the forums until about three years ago, back in 2007.

I vaguely recall doing a Google search for Super Metroid music in early 2006 and I ran into this. I was hooked pretty quickly, but I stayed within the range of video games I knew personally. I started blogging about OCR in mid 2006, but I never really opened my eyes to the entire community along with all the music until around the time I got a forum profile in fall of 2007.

I found OCR back in 2001 or 2002, I forget exactly although I want to say 2001 around August/September, when searching Audiogalaxy for vgm, and found some stuff that all had OCReMix in its filename. Interestingly, I wasn't all that impressed with many of the songs I found back then through incidental search results, even Terra in Black, but it came up often enough for me to check the URL that was in the ID3v1/2 tags and I found some songs that I did like, although it was more hit or miss then than now.

The site hosted free music, it's hard to hate on a website doing that, especially when bandwidth was much more of a premium back then!

I breathe music, too, since it's in the air. You can't even see it. It's a Miracle.

I see what you did there

I think the first time I was on OCRemix was when I heard about it in 2001. I was constantly looking for video game music, just because it was a fun thing to do. I heard a few songs but even with that, I didn't join until a year ago just because I felt I couldn't contribute anything. I still have always appreciated this site...and free music, it speaks for itself. :-P

It was early 2000. I had been hooked on video game midis for a while. Somehow, I stumbled upon a dance mix of the Mario theme, which, come to think of it, was probably my first mp3. I was totally digging the idea of creating a new song out of an old song, and the quality of it as well. After searching around, I stumbled upon a little, orange website called OverClocked ReMix. Needless to say, I liked what I heard, and I've been hangin' around ever since.

It was in highschool, probably 2005. I actually saw someone mention it in the pulse section in Nintendo Power. I had been looking for videogame music, so i checked this site out and instantly fell in love with some of the remixes. Wintermute - Lullaby Proximitus was the first mix I listened too... still love it.