Quackshot - Tangolomango

Guifrog

I love what you've done with the source on this. I'm not so keen on the rapidfire percussion—it just feels a bit too mechanical to me—and I feel like you could beef up the bass a little here and there (currently, I find it kind of "light"). These are all minor complaints though. I really dig it.

Yo, thank you Binjovi! My sister loves Bon Jovi by the way :P

The rapidfire percussion's a marriage among some shy castanets, tambourine and claps; though, as you said, they indeed felt a bit mechanical. Actually, I noticed the whole song sounded a bit too sequenced, so I took your tip and tried to humanize percussion, piano, bandoneon and added just a lil' 'up' to the bass during the second clarinet soloing. I think it feels quite better now ^^

Thanks again, and I'm putting this into Mod Review. So now, follow these:

Remix: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iidt0ziyniz

I also updated the original post, in which you might listen to the source. Ribbit!

About to run out, but some quick crits here:

-Several of your instruments are on the dry side, taking away from the realism. Biggest offender is the piano, but a light touch of room reverb could go a long way here. Piano can be rigid at times too, so keep working on it.

-Liking the style here. I'll have to listen to the original more later to give you arrangement crits.

-This reminds me of a spy hunter mix on the site, I think it's Fast Cars Russian Cigars. Its style is different, but take a listen to how the piano, leads, and percussion is handled on it. It's not a perfect example, but I think it'd help.

I'll try and give a more detailed crit later.

Hey, Nutritious!

-Several of your instruments are on the dry side, taking away from the realism. Biggest offender is the piano, but a light touch of room reverb could go a long way here.
I see... Maybe something like this:

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=806

Piano can be rigid at times too, so keep working on it.

I dunno if I understand, but I guess that means there's some parts where the piano needs some 'playing hardness' variations, especially during the intro?

Well, I'll keep waiting on your feedback ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, pretty obscure source here.

Ok, sounds like things are starting to shape up here. I'm really liking your handling of the various lead instruments. I'm still not convinced with the paino, though - it's sounding pretty unrealistic, especially on the runs. I don't think it's a deal breaker, but personally I'd try to find another piano sample that has a bit more realistic timbre. Guitar sample is on the thin side, but it's not as big of a carrier of this song. Still, if you could find a better sample, it would help. Other than that, though, this is sounding pretty solid on the production side.

For some reason, youtube is refusing to work for me now. I was able to get one brief listen in on the source, but the connections weren't immediately apparent. I'll have to do another comparison when it decides to work again.