Contra Hard Corps - The Hard Corps

Avantis

There's a crackling sound during the rhythm guitar section at 3:22. The bell-like arpeggiators are occasionally too loud.

Drum work could really use some more crash cymbals. The kick drums and crash cymbals are a little quiet as they are. Beef them up a bit.

Overall, I'd say keep working on it. What you have so far is enjoyable, but you need to do some more work to get this to a really good level. Gonna keep it anyway.

There's a crackling sound during the rhythm guitar section at 3:22. The bell-like arpeggiators are occasionally too loud.

Drum work could really use some more crash cymbals. The kick drums and crash cymbals are a little quiet as they are. Beef them up a bit.

Overall, I'd say keep working on it. What you have so far is enjoyable, but you need to do some more work to get this to a really good level. Gonna keep it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments man! I'm not really that good into mixing and mastering and i guess yeah i toned down the cymbals a bit. Also that guitar section escaped me for a while there

Will try to repost an improved one soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear God, how did I miss this? I've been scouring the WIP forums for a Hard Corp remix, and here it is AND I MISSED IT!

I would give constructive criticism, but it seems to already have been touched on by Txai so I'll simply say I'm waiting for an update, man. Sounds very promising, though, please keep at it!

• 2 years later...

Hello guys!

Sorry I wasn't able to work much on this project yet because I've lost my password to my OCremix account. Haha I've just recovered my old email today!

I'm planning to re-record this to a better quality. Props to the person who found this mp3 lying here and uploaded it on youtube to hit 1,500 views over two years. How lovely and encouraging that I just want to re-record the whole thing.

Any comments or suggestions on the arrangements is appreciated still! Thank you!

Meanwhile, may I indulge you in some of my recent, semi-videogame related works?

Edited by Avantis

• 10 months later...