Who wants to help remaster a terrible rap song?

Archaon

stats.png

Let me say first and foremost that I'm not concerned about the actual quality of the rapping. It's a joke song, so it's not supposed to be any good. (You're also not going to get it unless you've played "Riviera: The Promised Land" at some point, so don't worry about that either.)

All I need here is for someone to help me make it sound less terrible from a technical standpoint. I don't really have a good ear for audio balance or sound quality or anything, and I wouldn't know where to start working on it if I did, so it's probably better that I have someone else clean it up for me.

Let me know if you're interested, and I apologise in advance for subjecting your ears to the trauma.

lol ya i dont get the song too much but i can try and help. i dont know if u were using a music sequencing program for this but if u are theres a few things u could do. for your vocal id probably eq all the low end out of it, take from 500-1000 and roll off all the low end and maybe add 3-5 db to the 5k and then add alittle reverb to your voice so it fits in smoother with the other instruments. id maybe turn the drums up alittle bit and possibly put alittle compression on them. hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
for your vocal id probably eq all the low end out of it, take from 500-1000 and roll off all the low end and maybe add 3-5 db to the 5k and then add alittle reverb to your voice so it fits in smoother with the other instruments. id maybe turn the drums up alittle bit and possibly put alittle compression on them.

Yea that's almost dead on. The drums might actually be fine, since this is definitely a sampled song. I would definitely upgrade the mic. It sounds like it's way too driven (but lacking definition), so I would look into something a little crisper. I personally use a Rhode NT1000 and you could probably get it for less than $200. Sounds steep, but its worth it if you're just trying to spit. Good luck.