Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival - Slayer's Theme

Water

Gentle reader,

I wish to request a remix of "Haven't You Got Eyes In Your Head?" by Daisuke Ishiwatari. The song may be heard at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWl5wCZRU8 and downloaded as FLAC format from http://www.emuparadise.org/soundtracks/highquality/Guilty_Gear_XX/22. I have not checked the quality or efficiency of the latter site, so I would gladly provide a .mp3 if it helps.

Please allow me to explain the reasoning behind my request in the hopes that it will supply any good ideas.

Slayer seems to have this image of a "bad ass pimp vampire", which I do not believe matches his personality or actions. While there has been a vocal cover of his theme recorded for the Guilty Gear XX in N.Y. Edition CD (which can be heard at

), I feel this promotes the wrong idea.

Slayer is not bloodthirsty, does not curse or seem to get angry, and does not openly flirt with every female around. He fights to test people, not to prove himself or generate a big fuss. He seems to try to work from the background in a conniving manner. He talks to "That Man" with ease and drops tidbits of information to the other characters. In the end, he makes his peace with the mortal world and moves on. This does not suggest a "bad ass pimp vampire".

I wanted to create a remix that was a better suited tribute to his character. What I had in mind, before I realized that my complete incompetence with instruments would keep me from my goal, was a softer jazz remix that focused on the saxophone part of his theme. I wanted to provide haikus as lyrics to be sung in a sultry manner, preferably a female voice but not necessary. He likes haikus. I did not have much more than that, unfortunately, but I was hoping to evoke the concept of a smoke-filled bar with live music off to the side and a tall, mysterious gentleman with a commanding presence sitting a few stools down, sipping scotch served neat.

I apologize if this is too much information, but if it can provide any inspiration, I am happy to have aided. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my lengthy request. If there is anything I can do to help this come to fruition, I am most gladly willing to aid.