OCR01219 - Chrono Trigger "Calamitous Judgment"

djpretzel

Nice work. I too am a huge fan of "The Trial in Concert" and while that peice will never be displaced in my heart, this one may well come up beside it. As I see it, The Trial in Concert is to be played during the actual trial scene. This peice is to be played AFTER the trial, during the excape. I don't particularly remember what actual music CT played during the excape, but this should be there instead of whatever forgettable theme it happened to be. It has that dark edge to it, a hurried rushed feeling (not in terms of polish, in terms of getting my heart pumping) and a sense of distinct urgency that feels appropriate for "You've just been screwed, now we need to get out of this mess." The piano version of this song is more "You are now being screwed".

Well done. I only wish I was able to hack together a version of trigger that used OC remixes instead of the OSVs...

Its not often I come out of the woodwork, but something needs to be said about this piece.

The piece itself is very true to the emotion in the song. I never thought much about this song when I heard it as BGM, but this remix really makes it stand out. There's a lot of added energy, and I love the beat. The arrangement itself is also excellent, and I love how the song builds.

Great job, Zircon.

This is a beautiful, beautiful remix and I must have played it a dozen times already. This is the way the game should have remixed it (not that the original remix, used when you're running out of jail, isn't good).

More of this high-energy, intense-yet-orchestral stuff, please!

(And Smackahoe Tribe, where is that screenshot with the girl lying on the bed from? It looks familiar.)

This is a beautiful, beautiful remix and I must have played it a dozen times already. This is the way the game should have remixed it (not that the original remix, used when you're running out of jail, isn't good).

More of this high-energy, intense-yet-orchestral stuff, please!

(And Smackahoe Tribe, where is that screenshot with the girl lying on the bed from? It looks familiar.)

As much as I like this style, I fear I would trivialize it by making another remix in a similar fashion. I *was* working on a remix of a Secret of the Stars battle theme, using a more dramatic (and less whimsical) approach to my instrumentation, but I decided against it.

I really, really like this one. It accentuates, at various points, the pomp of the court, the corruption at work behind the scenes, and of course the urgency of the ensuing escape. It's now a toss-up between this and Suzumebachi's "Forever" for my favorite CT mix.

Great work, zircon!

DAMN.... This guy's awesome! It sounded real frickin' weird for a minute, because it was Kingdom Trial and it wasn't Trial in Concert. However, it was simply excellent! It is actually on par with Trial in Concert, and from what I can tell, it was an initial submission! I gotta go check out Zircon's other stuff now...

I liked it a lot!

The ONLY thing that disturbed me a little bit was the feeling I was listening to a christmas tune (Especially around 1:11), however the mix of orchestral sounds with the beat, and addition of synths made for a really really cool remix. This will be on my playlist for awhile.

8.5/10 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh my god... 8O

This is jaw-dropping...

There is definite insanity :twisted: here, yes, yes... um... yes... and um... DAMN! 8O

I love the orchestral feel, mixed with the whole insane techno feel in between orchestral pieces, giving this mix a feel of the original with a little shock of ... DAMN! To spaz it up!

That was cool! And I have no problem with it being that long... it doesn't feel like it...

KUDOS! KEEP IT UP! :wink:

~Falcis Umbrae~

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Is it just me, or does this sound a lot like Kefka's theme from Final Fantasy 6?

I hadn't read the description, and I was trying to figure out what song from Chrono Trigger it came from, because I could have sworn it was a take off of kefka's theme.

So it's not just you =), maybe it's just the two of us... >.<

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01219 - Chrono Trigger "Calamitous Judgment"