OCR02030 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Brambles Open Minds Like Bubbles"

• 6 months later...

I love the source tune. It really is almost the Ice Cap of the DKC games (even though I like the factories and Mines better). This ReMix did good at giving the tune justice and gives us yet another way to listen to it. Nice and mellow, but at least it has some energy to it. The only thing I didn't like was it sounded like one of the keys or bells or something was a bit to high and came off as harshly sharp. Didn't like it, but it didn't detract from the song that much and still lent to the electric feel of it. Aside from that, awesome ReMix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ahh why haven't I commented on this yet? It's so good.

If I remember correctly, this song was my first encounter with dubstep of any kind, so I thought those wubs were the coolest thing ever when I first heard them. They still are. The sound design in this song is what sells in my opinion. The arrangement is great, but the synths and all the detailed automation put in really put this over the top.

This song sounds so trippy and cool, and it takes my imagination to some craaazy places while listening to it. You know you've made a good song when you can do that without a lot of words (or none at all).

Thanks for making this song. This is a super cool song and I recommend it to everyone right now : D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, I'm Paul, long time fan, 1st time posting.

Why is it that everyone thinks this thing is called 'Stickerbrush Symphony'? :???:

I can answer this one. It's the official title of this song via tracklist in "A Smashing Soundtrack"

Have a listen.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the hi-hat in the intro quite groovy for some reason. Nice buildup; it keeps things interesting for a while. Can't say I really felt the "dubstep" in this. Not that you have to slam the speakers with FM bass, but the synths in question felt a bit weak. However, they work fine in the downtempo context of the song. Pretty good mix overall.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02030 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Brambles Open Minds Like Bubbles"