OCR02031 - Super Mario Bros. "The 2-2 Blues"

I'm subscribed to both Floss and OCR on Youtube, and when I heard this start playing, I recognized it immediately. I'd always wished that Floss would send his stuff here to OC, and when I heard this, I had to come read the write-up right away. :razz: Glad he's part of this community.

Brentalfloss. <3<3<3<3<3

It's super awesome to see him here. 2-2 Blues was one of my favorites by him, even if not one of his more humorous pieces. I really enjoyed the piano and the singing, and particularly the lyrics. It's just a... sweet little song? I don't know how else to put it, exactly.

I hope to see more of him here in the future.

Damn, could this dude's vocals match the blues piano anymore? Seriously, this is amazing work. I heard that Randy Newman thing DJP mentioned, but regardless, that just makes this mix even better. Probably the best version of the Underwater theme I've ever heard.

Okay, THAT was frickin' awesome. Wow. Instantly one of my favourite OCRemixes of all time. Just... peerless.

edit: having listened to it a zillion times, the only complaint I can find is there's some pretty evident noise reduction artifacts on the vocals... at least to my ears...?

Edited by The Radical Sifu

Vocals are too dry and cold. Dunno if it's noise reduction, but the recording sounds like it's made inside a tin can. Which is a shame, because I think I would have really enjoyed this piece otherwise. There's nothing wrong with the perfomance or the piano. Some EQ and reverb on the vocals would have done it, I think.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02031 - Super Mario Bros. "The 2-2 Blues"