OCR01222 - Submarine Attack "Into the Deep"

djpretzel

Well, I've never played this game, but I have to say that I'm a huge fan of Destiny's projects.. And well, this is another great project that she was involved in. I recommend that everyone should check this one out. I haven't heard too much from Zyko, so I'm going to start checking out his work as well. :) Great stuff, you two.

Simply stunning, one of the best ReMixes i've ever heard, all of the elements in this song combine to form a masterpeice, Zyko's guitar amazed me in many spots in the song, Helen's vocals always came in at perfect moments, the percussions also were of amazing quality. This song also displayed some of the best violin i've heard in a ReMix. This is the kind of song that i'll have on loop for hours on end. Excellent song choice too, I have to say that this is Destiny's best peice i've heard, same with Zyko, i'm big fans of both of them, but this peice just amazed me. Thanks for such an epic peice.

Vine Whitefire

No offense to zyko, but I felt the guitar solos at 2:09 and 4:10 were completely out of place. The off-beat rhythm and generall overkill style of playing did not jive with the rest of the piece at all.

I hate to say this, but the version posted on vgmix is superior. (Interestingly enough, Destiny's homepage carries the version posted here.) It is of a higher bitrate and eschews the real guitar for a high quality synth all the way through, which in my honest opinion, stays truer to the Celtic flavor of the overall piece.

I think the composition by Destiny is superb, but you're better off sticking to the cleaner, smoother version posted on vgmix.

On a side note, I am saddened by the low number of reviews of this piece. I am truly amazed at how much Destiny was able to transform the source material. Regardless of which version you eventually choose, you need to download this right now. Like djp stated, do not let the obscure title of the game deter you from being mesmerized by the genius at work here.

I really never down load ANY music off any game I havn't played. But this one drawn me to it some how.

I was glad I downloaded this peice. It has been the best I've download ever. That says alot since I've download many good music.

I heard no fault in this music. Those so called "non-jiving/out of place guitar solo" at 2:09 and 4:10 just made a nice contrast in the peice. This music seems to be my style of music all too well; which is why it appeals to me so much.

Conclusion. Well done!

Side note: The peices "Into the deep" and "Before time" that just been submited, seem to have a similar guitar style and go well hand in hand on my playlist together. Though "Into the deep" is the better of the two. They make a nice combo.

No offense to zyko, but I felt the guitar solos at 2:09 and 4:10 were completely out of place. The off-beat rhythm and generall overkill style of playing did not jive with the rest of the piece at all.

I hate to say this, but the version posted on vgmix is superior. (Interestingly enough, Destiny's homepage carries the version posted here.) It is of a higher bitrate and eschews the real guitar for a high quality synth all the way through, which in my honest opinion, stays truer to the Celtic flavor of the overall piece.

I think the composition by Destiny is superb, but you're better off sticking to the cleaner, smoother version posted on vgmix.

On a side note, I am saddened by the low number of reviews of this piece. I am truly amazed at how much Destiny was able to transform the source material. Regardless of which version you eventually choose, you need to download this right now. Like djp stated, do not let the obscure title of the game deter you from being mesmerized by the genius at work here.

Hmm, just wanted to state that I actually prefer this new version. I liked the extra verve of the guitar. I had the older version from VGMix for quite a while and loved it, but after comparing the two, I replaced it with this new version. I'd recommend listening to them back to back before making a decision.

I felt that the guitar's intro in 2:09 and the overkill pitch at 2:34 was far beyond bothersome. It was more than abrasive and really detracts from the central theme.

I think the guitar has its place in this piece, but I felt that it should have taken a backseat to the viola or cooperated with the viola instead of trying to upstage it. The beauty of this piece lies in its variety of instruments from the pan flute, piano, viola, beat drums, etc. used at the same time without dominating one another. The guitar that attempts to upstage all other instruments does just that, it sound's extremely abrasive and out of place.

The guitar shouldn't be too silent either, but it should be more cooperative with other instruments. I thought the other version had just the right balance, though the guitar was slighty too quiet in the other one.

First off: I love the beginning of this remix, it is incredible.

I agree with what people said about the transition at 2:09. I totally lost interest. The Celtic vibes were a great direction. I didn't feel there was any reason to change course.

At 3:13 it gets cool again with the same melody from the beginning but alittle more busy..then approximately around 4:12 those cursed guitars come back and destroy the outro.

Overall, I like it. But it could have been great instead of good.

STFU, this song is awsome. The guitar part is what makes it perfect.

Maybe you don't realize how this works.

This is where people review the remixes...you know, where people say what 'THEY' think.

Agree, or disagree; but don't tell people to stfu up on a review.

Half wit.

The one complaint I have with this version over the old one is the guitar in this one doesn't seem to flow as well as it did in the VGMix version. Other than that, great job to both Zyko and Destiny. One of my all time favorite songs.

The heck? My one complaint about the VGMix version is the out-of-place synthetic guitar - it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The one complaint I have with this version over the old one is the guitar in this one doesn't seem to flow as well as it did in the VGMix version. Other than that, great job to both Zyko and Destiny. One of my all time favorite songs.

The heck? My one complaint about the VGMix version is the out-of-place synthetic guitar - it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm talking soley about the guitar. In the OCR version it seems kinda broken and stuttered in parts. The VGM version sounded much smoother. I'm not refering to the quality, but how the guitar is actually played.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently people don't recognize a good guitar when they hear it, and apparently I'm going to be a major dissenter on the issue, but I'd argue that the introduction of said guitar at 2'09 is what makes this track work so well. It's called juxtaposition, people! Taking two things dissimilar in nature (viola/elec. guitar) and putting them side-by-side to highlight the contrast. IMHO, it works EXTREAMLY well here. The result? One of the greatest remixes on OCR to date. The vocals were just awesome as well. They conjur up images of an Elvin princess singing to herself in the woods, or something to that effect... 10/10, easily. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01222 - Submarine Attack "Into the Deep"