Voices of the Forrest(FFMQ Forrest Town arrangement )

Kamekaze

http://www.mediafire.com/?ngjcdhwjizx

It's been a year since I last said something here, mainly because of college. However I've still been working on arrangements. This is my newest from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. The Idea came to me a few days ago and the song seemed like it would sound much better orchestrated so I attempted to do just that. Feedback and other comments welcome.

edit: Can a mod or admin change the title of the thread to "Symphony of the Sun(FFMQ Forest Town arrangement"

Sounds mostly like a MIDI rip to me, with a little bit of interpretive harp. The string samples sound too fake for them to be used by themselves, so you'll have to mix them in with other instruments to get them to sound better (of course they're decent compared to some other samples I've heard...).

If you want it to sound more "foresty" may I suggest a flute and perhaps some hand percussion? Maybe some piano? The harp sounds pretty good.

That's all I can really say for right now, it just needs more to it arrangement-wise. Listening to it again though I remember how much I love this source tune. I hope you decide to continue working on this.

I actually didn't rip any of that. I remade it by ear. And there is a piano but it's low. I've increased the volume of it on my end. Although you do have a point in terms of the title of the song. The way it sounds now is what I was going for. So I gotta rename it :P I haven't decided on what percussion to use as of yet. So I'm still open to suggestions on that.

Well whether it's an actual MIDI rip or not, the point is that there's too little interpretation of the source... I mean it's cool and all that it you've made it how you wanted, but that reason probably won't help persuade the judges, if you plan on submitting it.