OCR01236 - *YES* Space Harrier 'I Got the Spacebeam' *FT*

Protricity

I've put this off for like a year or something. Basically dave auto rejected this song based on its lack of affiliation to the original. I didn't really agree with the charge, so we discussed it and he said I should just FT it and let you guys decide. Obviously since starblast is my lord and savior I wont vote on it.

Original: http://www.starblast.org/starsongs/omfgharrier.mp3

As far as I'm concerned, the entire original is in there and very well rearranged.

Issues with the song: rather short, weak ending. I wish it was much longer.

i'm hearing the original at :27-41, in those back strings. again at 1:00

in a big way at 1:12-2:00

I understand djp's concern in that there is a lot of unrelated original material, mainly the beat and bassline. However, the chord progression on the bridge is definately from the original, as is the pianoeyness that goes on thru the mix.

On top of that, the mix is clearly well done, the lyrics are funny as hell and are specifically about space harrier. I think it's got plenty going for it, including the original.

An easy YES in my book.

For a few listens, I was trying to compare the first section with the original and was getting nowhere. The reason this sounded misleading as a ReMix was because it essentially went for over a minute as just original material until the second half went full on into rearrangement territory at 1:11. Once it got there, everything was gold from both the music and rearrangement departments. If the sections had been placed in a different order, there wouldn't have been any confusion over this meeting the submission standards. Nice working of the main theme here with the straightforward lead strings while the piano section in the back handled things nicely with Star's creative overhaul of a rearrangement. Excellent stuff. And of course the lyrics were hilarious. Way better than that BEERmix piece of shit he had, "Dragony Antics." I disagree with Prot wanting this mix to be longer. I was feeling it, but this idea would just wear thin beyond 3 minutes. He's in. He's out. We laughed.

YES