Oblivion: Watchman's Ease mix

Vidilian

I know I'm probably biting off more than i can chew by trying to remix this but i'll try it anyways.

Source:

Its the first wip so I was a little lazy with humanisation in some parts. Also because of the weird piano/synth sample I'm using, I had to use absolutely no reverb which makes it sound dry in the lower pitch notes. I'll sort it out in the next wip.

ReMix: http://sites.google.com/site/vspaine/wips/Ease.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1

I pretty like it! ^^

Apart from the reverb issue, I think you worked well on piano humanization. Those strings, though, sound a bit thin, and the song seems to lack something like, I dunno... a bit of variation. Actually you've done a great job with the piano melody, but the remix overall needs some more emotion to it. For example, you could bring the strings up at times, and also vary its playing a bit.

It's quite cool, though. That's just my try-to-help-it-get-better. :P

I quite like this mix, although it seems a little quiet and distant - not sure what program you're using, but all the instruments sounded quiet and I couldn't make out much panning.

Tbh I think you are setting yourself a big challenge by attempting a similar - if not the same - genre. I'd try something a bit different because it'd be a mammoth task to try and better the original in terms of orchestral arrangement.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but I thought I'd comment seeing as though I listened to it a few times :)