OCR02032 - Super Mario Kart "Funky Mario Circuit (Radio Edit)"

I just watched the video. The HD is fantastic. The nerdishness of the video is very satisfying. You rarely see a bass frontman that doesn't sing. They usually tuck those guys behind an amp stack or something. The cart riding looked like a lot of fun, though I bet it was pretty stressful for the kart-driving cameraman.

Great song. I don't necessarily agree about it being "too cramped". There's too much of a trend at OCR with panning everything as far apart as possible for clarity. There's other ways to achieve clarity. The production is clean and on a professional level; no gripes here. :-)

OK, when I listen to this song, I honestly can't think of racing in the way I normally do. No, this is more like going for a drive and chillin' with your honey that will end up on a cliff overlooking the city under the starry skies with the two snuggling close to each other. The rest depends on your own mindset. Solid mix, solid feel, plays the imagination to the tune. Excellent work!

Definitely enjoyed this one, especially the solo sections. Did anyone else catch the similarities between the EP's chords at 0:58 and the chord progression from the Gran Turismo 3 A-spec song that Anthony Lofton and Joshua Morse remixed a while back? Not only are the chords very similar, but their voicing is almost identical, too...

I don't know if that was intentional, but if it was, good on you guys 8-)

This is nice and funky, just what you expect from The OneUps - the electric guitar is mixed kinda strangely to me, but otherwise I dig it.

Seconded, except for the part with the electric guitar. I'm not too hot on it; maybe it is because of how it is mixed, but to me, the sound of the guitar clashes with the rather relaxed, funky vibe of the remix.

Nevertheless, great new stuff from the OneUps.

I haven't watched the video so I'm doing this from an audio-only perspective.

An interesting take on the source. First thing I noticed is that it sounds very centered, almost mono. Yes, it says in the writeup that the stereo is very compressed, but I feel the need to say that again. It really takes some of the life out of the song.

Besides that, it was alright except for the guitar, which sounded oddly processed. It was a bit too quiet and almost frail.

Overall, I wasn't quite taken with this one. :(

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Light and funky, with some jazz vibe infused in it. I actually like the guitar, but it was a bit brief in it's showing. Honestly, it's a good track to hearing every now and then on random shuffle mode. Liked the video as well. Nice ReMix, but not my favorite track from the OneUps.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02032 - Super Mario Kart "Funky Mario Circuit (Radio Edit)"